Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tagging...

Options
  • 16-04-2010 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi all. hope this isn't a silly question, but I was wondering if anyone knows whether its possible to apply tags to photos that aren't specific to any specific programme?

What I want to be able to do is apply tags to photos that can be picked up and searched under in Lightroom, Picassa etc etc.

I don't want to use a programme to tag thousands of photos, and then in a year find software I'd like to switch to but be tied to a programme because of something like tags...

Any help appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭charybdis

Most programs like Lightroom can write tag information to the images file's metadata, either to the actual file for formats like TIFF, JPEG, and DNG or to XML sidecar files with the same name as the file for formats like the various RAW files like CR2, NEF, etc.

It's actually a very good question and I think metadata is something worth paying close attention to.

Advertisement