Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thuggish Security

Options
  • 16-04-2010 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Was coming out of my building today and was set upon by some hired-hand security guard (not the College security who are always pleasant and very professional) who was shouting and cursing and blinding at me. He came right up to my face and demanded that I leave the college. I told him I was calling the police and promptly left by Nassau Street.

Weird.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Weird indeed.

No explanation?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Would it be because of the Trinity Ball tonight?

Still no excuse for his behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Report the fecker

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Cool story bro.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

My experience of security people in Trinity has been very positive overall (Except one nazi who reported me one time for public urination) They have a difficult job to do and do it without fuss.

Three cheers for the gallant boys in high vis jackets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Denerick wrote: »
    (Except one nazi who reported me one time for public urination)

I don't know if it's funnier that you randomly called someone a Nazi (seems to be unlike you), or that you just admitted to pissing in Trinity in public (also seems very unlike you......)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I'd agree, college security are usually pretty sound, but the OP is talking about outside security that seem to have been brought in for the Trinity Ball. Big events usually get security from agencies - I know someone who used to work at concerts, he'd get a call from the agency whenever there was one coming up. As a result, I'd say it's probably a bit hit-and-miss with the people they end up sending, and it sounds like the guy who was shouting at you was just having a power trip. There's no need to be so rude - he could have just asked you if you had a resident's pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Compared to ucd security (private company and all that)

Trinitys gaurds are amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Just got a grand old yarn from a Halls security guy as he was telling us not to play soccer, about a student scaring the bejesus out of the servants of the Brazilian ambassador once when retrieving a ball. Lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

I got stopped playing guitar on a bench at 6pm yesterday evening, because it was disturbing people "studying"...

Post trinity ball, nowhere near a library, not even that loud... Killers of joy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Just got a grand old yarn from a Halls security guy as he was telling us not to play soccer, about a student scaring the bejesus out of the servants of the Brazilian ambassador once when retrieving a ball. Lovely.

Wha?

just-joe wrote: »
    I got stopped playing guitar on a bench at 6pm yesterday evening, because it was disturbing people "studying"...

Post trinity ball, nowhere near a library, not even that loud... Killers of joy.

Yes POST Trinity Ball. Carnival atmospheres can't keep up forever you know. Why do you feel that you deserve an exception made for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Wha?
    Brazilian Embassy is right beside Trinity Halls.

Always found Halls security annoying. They used to knock at my door and tell my housemate and I to stop talking so loud because we were disturbing other people (that's what it was--sober, civilised TALKING) so then I'd go to bed and listen to drunk idiots screaming outside my window until 4 in the morning and no security about.

I've always found campus security ok, I was very annoyed the first time I found out that non-residents aren't allowed into the college after midnight (I had a load of stuff in the computer lab at the time) but that's not their fault of course. Agency security are a different story, as has been said you don't know who you're getting or what they're like. One thing I've found though is that agencies do actually take complaints pretty seriously so it might be a good idea to report him.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

Denerick wrote: »
    Yes POST Trinity Ball. Carnival atmospheres can't keep up forever you know. Why do you feel that you deserve an exception made for you?

Lol. "One guy and his guitar does not a carnival make.." Because I am a resident, and me playing the guitar is barely louder than me speaking. If I'm inside my room I'll be louder/more annoying to my neighbours than otherwise. The only person in earshot of me was the security guard himself so really, who was I actually annoying?! Plus it was way before anytime that might be called late, so why then would anyone care anyways?!

A pointless argument but it did give me a chance to vent frustration. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Google maps says its three kilometres away. :confused:
    You would be doing well to kick a football from dartry to harcourt.

Oh god, those smokers.
    My window was right above the front door where all the smokers of house 83 congregated. :mad:
    It wouldn't have been too bad if they had something interesting to talk about.
    It often involved people talking in funny half american/half south dublin accents describing how wasted they got.

I swear by that mantra.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Google maps says its three kilometres away. :confused:
    You would be doing well to kick a football from dartry to harcourt.

Oh god, those smokers.
    My window was right above the front door where all the smokers of house 83 congregated. :mad:
    It wouldn't have been too bad if they had something interesting to talk about.
    It often involved people talking in funny half american/half south dublin accents describing how wasted they got.
    Maybe it's the ambassador's house then. Eiether way, definitely something to do with the Brazilian ambassador.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Maybe it's the ambassador's house then. Eiether way, definitely something to do with the Brazilian ambassador.

It's his residence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

Lol. "One guy and his guitar does not a carnival make.." Because I am a resident, and me playing the guitar is barely louder than me speaking. If I'm inside my room I'll be louder/more annoying to my neighbours than otherwise. The only person in earshot of me was the security guard himself so really, who was I actually annoying?! Plus it was way before anytime that might be called late, so why then would anyone care anyways?!

Maybe he just thought you were shíte ;)

Advertisement