Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Repeat

Options
  • 16-04-2010 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Say if you did one subject and your grade was a D. Then you repeated the year and decided to repeat that same subject to bring the grade up. But then you got an F the second time around.

Would they mark it based on your first grade? Or would it count as a Fail?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I'm guessing that if you opted to repeat, the grades you'd get would be in relation to that repeat year, rather than from the year previous...

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭FeckArseInc

Has anyone been this situation before? I passed a few other subjects and I was adding up my GPA. They seem to be adding in the previous D grade.

I probably have to make an inquiry.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭FeckArseInc

What if you still earned the credits in the overall results?

For example, I have six subjects with five credits each, with a total of thirty credits for the semester. I got a D in one subject the first time round but got an F the second time and then also failed another different subject, but passed everything else.

So I should have received 20 credits yet I received 25 credits. So they seem to be adding the D from the first time round.

Can anyone shine a light on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Michael Mouse

Repeating can only bring you UP not DOWN. If you do worse in a repeat they just ignore it and give you the original mark.

Just ask any lecturer it's no big secret!

Advertisement