Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Draft on TV

Options
  • 16-04-2010 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

Where can we watch the draft this year? Sky had it last year, I remember watching it for the first time and enjoying the suspense, but I just checked sky listings for next Thursday and Friday, and there's no sign of it. perhaps it will appear yet, but it's certainly not there at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭DBIreland

As far as i remember it was only available live online last year and this year is the same. NFL.com will broadcast it live starting about 12.30am thursday night/Frday morning.

Sky are showing a highlights package of the first round on Friday morning at 9am. This show will be repeated throughout the day (lunchtime and evening i think). Check Skysports 3 and 4, if I remember correctly.

HTH

EDIT: The stream from NFL.com was brutal last year, in fact I don't know of anybody that got it to work. One of the other streaming websites is what I used and it worked pretty well. I'm sure closer to the time people will have links.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Thanks for the info, though there's still nothing on the sky guide for that Friday. Hopefully they'll get around to putting it on. The highlights must have been what i watched last year, that's enough anyway, I don't need to watch it live.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,200 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'm sure there will be streams available and will be posted in the streams sticky thread at the top of the forum :).

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

ESPN America will be showing the first round live

• Registered Users Posts: 15,200 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Great news, I just came on here to post it after I saw an ad on ESPN HD.

I'm guessing it will be in HD too! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

actually looks like it´s not going to be on Sky at all, not even highlights. It's deffo not on the Sky guide, and NFL.co.uk don't mention it at all and they always have any nfl connected shows for the coming week mentioned on the website. This is poor, and dissappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

fisgon wrote: »
    actually looks like it´s not going to be on Sky at all, not even highlights. It's deffo not on the Sky guide, and NFL.co.uk don't mention it at all and they always have any nfl connected shows for the coming week mentioned on the website. This is poor, and dissappointing.
    It wasnt on sky last year either AFAIR, wasnt this around the time the TV deal was being renegotiated and there was no nfl coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

If ESPN can show the Draft live then I see no reason why there can't be an agreement to show SNF, well hopefully anyway. Last year was a joke with no MNF. This is the exact reason Sky need some 'competition' even if ESPN and themselves are really best pals at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Max Power1 wrote: »
    It wasnt on sky last year either AFAIR, wasnt this around the time the TV deal was being renegotiated and there was no nfl coverage.

They showed highlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Cant see the draft listed on the ESPN America tv listings, am I missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

according to entertainment.ie espn has it on Thursday night from 12.30..

• Registered Users Posts: 47 worm_tongue

Is there any station showing a repeat of the draft?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Doesn't look like ESPN are showing tonights rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,201 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

themont85 wrote: »
    If ESPN can show the Draft live then I see no reason why there can't be an agreement to show SNF

Their draft coverage, and MNF are both ESPN branded. makes a lot of sense for them to show it.

They've started to run ads for "next season on ESPN" and "American Sports including the NFL" pops up

Advertisement