Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts that you LIKE

Options
  • 15-04-2010 10:39pm

ok - we've had the ads you despise thread - what about ads that you LIKE.
    Ads mentioned should be fairly current.

I'll start it off -

The Sony panorama picture ad - clever, good music, nice and short, it doesn't annoy me when I see it again and I actually remember it and the product so it works on all levels...

EDIT - this is the ad: -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIbMfb3T20Y

And there's even the story of the ad here: -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2wMPouw8WU&NR=1

Filmed in Queenstown, Nz.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭alanatoday

The No Nonsense car insurance ad...... Ka-ching

"I take it John......... your male" :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVPJTUnMnwQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

I'm liking the imagine.ie Wi-Max one with the guy singing and playing the guitar. It's the kind of thing that usually annoys me but this one makes me smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭theaaao

'Are there 1000's Shelia?...
    There are now john...'
    Sorry but I can't remember what this add is for.I tried looking for it on youtube but can't find it.Basically shelia is printing money with a machine including a Eur1000 note which john questions.
    If anyone knows the advert let me know.Its recent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

theaaao wrote: »
    'Are there 1000's Shelia?...
    There are now john...'
    Sorry but I can't remember what this add is for.I tried looking for it on youtube but can't find it.Basically shelia is printing money with a machine including a Eur1000 note which john questions.
    If anyone knows the advert let me know.Its recent.

I think that's for Currys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

The whole Compare the Meerkat series. Excellent marketing and clever, humorous ads. Not sure they'll get much more mileage out of it, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Good idea for a thread.... Please stick to ads that are on TV at the moment.
    No drumming gorillas or freaky eyebrows, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

alanatoday wrote: »
    The No Nonsense car insurance ad...... Ka-ching

"I take it John......... your male" :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVPJTUnMnwQ

ha ya i always thought these were good ads. always kinda liked the woman on the phone's voice aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭Melodeon

For some reason, I find myself really liking the current Halifax (ISA ISA baby) ad:

Of course, for artistic merit obviously, there's also the current SpecSavers ad, riffing on the Lynx ad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

Melodeon wrote: »
    Of course, for artistic merit obviously, there's also the current SpecSavers ad, riffing on the Lynx ad:

I think it's a great ad ... nothing to do with the fact that it includes 100s of bikini clad babes in it of course!

Specspaver's have come up with a few great ads over the last while..

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Meercat ads for me. And I only found out recently the Simon Grenall (who plays Michael in I'm Alan Partride which is one of my favourite shows) does the voice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

00112984 wrote: »
    I'm liking the imagine.ie Wi-Max one with the guy singing and playing the guitar. It's the kind of thing that usually annoys me but this one makes me smile.
    Oh god.. you just reminded me! Off to Adverts you despise I go!
    Melodeon wrote: »
    For some reason, I find myself really liking the current Halifax (ISA ISA baby) ad:
    I like this one, but I really liked the previous one with Spandau Ballet. Something about the look on the Asian guys face lol

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Tiddlers

At the moment I really like the ad for Buger King's chicken tender burger. The one with the guy eating the burger in a dodgy looking motel when an angry cow barges in.I think it's funny anyway.....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,256 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I am going to bring to life a near decade old thread (since I posted on the adverts I hate thread decided to give some symmetry and post on this one)

Love the timing pauses, and looks in it - shop teller v little girl

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Advertisement