Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cigarettes acting up

Options
  • 15-04-2010 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭

I usually smoke Camel lights, and a good few times now I've gotten a really odd cigarette, it's nearly happened 10 times now.

Symptoms: The cigarette feels odd to smoke, and instead of the filter slowly turning light brown all over, in one very small place it goes nearly black, and the rest of the filter is unaffected...

Has this kind of thing happened to anyone else? I've never seen it happen anywhere else, but it's really annoying to have to throw away one of these cigarettes.

I get the feeling it's something to do with how I light it, because I often get it when I am carrying things or something, and have to struggle to light it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Could it be because of how you are drawing hard through the filter. Remember back in the schoolyard when 5 would share a single smoke and the filter would be ruined by blokes trying to draw the whole ciggy inside with one breath? That could result with blobs of tar being drawn through the filter rather then dispersing through it.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Rumplesmigskin

I generally find this happens when the filter gets wet.

(I smoke rollies, and usually hold the filter in my mouth while I roll - I try to keep it dry but sometimes it gets a bit wetter than I'd like.)

I just smoke 'em anyway though :3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

I generally find this happens when the filter gets wet.

(I smoke rollies, and usually hold the filter in my mouth while I roll - I try to keep it dry but sometimes it gets a bit wetter than I'd like.)

I just smoke 'em anyway though :3

I find this is so with Camles too but I don;t like it when the filters are dry as they stick to my lips

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

The filter getting too wet sounds about right...Really annoying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mrshappy

I have found this lately with Marlboro lights - anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

mrshappy wrote: »
    I have found this lately with Marlboro lights - anyone else?

yup!
    i dont know why they do it,but its exactly as the op described!
    you can see really dark parts in one area of the filter, then thats the end of the cigarette:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I've found this with Silk Cuts in the last few years, filter breaks off all to readily.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Yep, after Rumples said it, it does seem to be when the filter gets to wet, which often happens when you don't have a free hand to light it. Has me paranoid about lighting cigarettes now!

I had the filter wet theory proved the other day I think, was holding a few things, and exactly half the filter got a bit wet (I could see it was a slightly different colour), so the tar only went through half the filter. It was like Two-Face, in cigarette form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Chriskavo

I've found this with Silk Cuts in the last few years, filter breaks off all to readily.

''.....filter breaks off all too readily'' - at least get your grammar correct before claiming to be a writer.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Chriskavo wrote: »
    ''.....filter breaks off all too readily'' - at least get your grammar correct before claiming to be a writer.:rolleyes:
    Gimme a break, it was Saturday night and I was off the clock!

...and besides, good thing for you that I'm not a ghost writer, eh? :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement