Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know what debt collection agency BOI used in 2007/8?

Options
  • 15-04-2010 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Bizaare query I know.

Very long story short.

Took out loan, fell behind. Got a letter from a debt collection agency on behalf of BOI, threatening legal action. Panicked, had to pull in a lot of favours to get lump sum. Paid debt collection agency through Post office, heard no more until a solicitor's letter came from the BOI looking for full amount plus court date.

Moved house lately, done a clearout and in the midst of it the receipt, name of debt collection agency etc. was cleared, as thought no further need for it after two years. Very silly i know.

Bottom line is I would appreciate any advice/help

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Kharisma wrote: »
    Bizaare query I know.

Very long story short.

Took out loan, fell behind. Got a letter from a debt collection agency on behalf of BOI, threatening legal action. Panicked, had to pull in a lot of favours to get lump sum. Paid debt collection agency through Post office, heard no more until a solicitor's letter came from the BOI looking for full amount plus court date.

Moved house lately, done a clearout and in the midst of it the receipt, name of debt collection agency etc. was cleared, as thought no further need for it after two years. Very silly i know.

Bottom line is I would appreciate any advice/help

Thanks.

They used a number of agencies. ANy info on where they were based or anything.

edit: BOI will have record of the previous agency used. explain the situation to their solicitors and ask them to investigate. they will look into it especially if its a case the agency messed up and BOI would be terrified to take you to court if you have already paid this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kharisma

Think perhaps drogheda or the west side of dublin, not 100%

Advertisement