Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drink at trinity ball

Options
  • 15-04-2010 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

Okay, so two questions:
    1)how much is a pint

2) what time do they stop serving at-ie are they restricted to nightclub hours or will it be until we finish up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭SherryD

Can't remember exact prices but they are more expensive than in a normal bar. Queues are insane and the drink generally runs out instead of them stopping serving.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

expect at least €5 per pint ..... expect drinks to stop 2ish (if you can get served enough during the night) .... pretty much like a normal night except you get to wear a tux.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Nagan ---> Coke Bottle ---> Underwear/Gusset ---> ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭vladglenin

andrew wrote: »
    Nagan ---> Coke Bottle ---> Underwear/Gusset ---> ??? --> PROFIT!!!!!

Fixed your Post

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭BlueCam

Is the Pav open tomorrow anyone? Until 5 I mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

andrew wrote: »
    Nagan ---> Coke Bottle ---> Underwear/Gusset ---> ???

was more wondering how many naggins to strap to my inner thigh. unfortunately being male means I cant shove them down my top.... oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dno7239

any tips on being able to sneak drink in?? im a girl but obviously they will check my bag. Do they pat ya down aswell? Do I really need to strap a naggin to my inner thigh to get it in? that would be soo embarassing if i had to untape it infront of everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

dno7239 wrote: »
    any tips on being able to sneak drink in?? im a girl but obviously they will check my bag. Do they pat ya down aswell? Do I really need to strap a naggin to my inner thigh to get it in? that would be soo embarassing if i had to untape it infront of everyone!

Cheap pouch of wine, tainted with vodka, strapped to the general inner thigh/ ass area.

If patted down, you must inform security it's your colostomy bag.

JOB DONE. There will be an awkward apology, but chances are they ain't gonna want to check.

(I am a cla$$y burd)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

bythewoods wrote: »
    Cheap pouch of wine, tainted with vodka, strapped to the general inner thigh/ ass area.

If patted down, you must inform security it's your colostomy bag.

JOB DONE. There will be an awkward apology, but chances are they ain't gonna want to check.

(I am a cla$$y burd)

I actually thought of this and that excuse too! ha. What happens when you hang around too many old people........ :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Larianne wrote: »
    I actually thought of this and that excuse too! ha. What happens when you hang around too many old people........ :o

If you know someone maybe you could borrow one for the night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Some bars will close but some others will stay open til 4/4:30 tonight - just for those who are wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Given each gate has a large ipodec bin specifically to collect the drink on entry, you will get caught and be relieved of the drink.

The stockpile even by 11:30 would put any off licence to shame

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

get drunk now yeahhhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Hardly got frisked by the security surprisingly, although that could be because I maintained unbroken eye contact when he started frisking my thighs. It made me lol.
    I'd say it would of been easy enough to sneak in drink without going to overly extreme measures.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah they just patted my upper chesty area and that was it, oh noe you found my chest store of alcohol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

phlegms wrote: »
    Hardly got frisked by the security surprisingly, although that could be because I maintained unbroken eye contact when he started frisking my thighs. It made me lol.
    I'd say it would of been easy enough to sneak in drink without going to overly extreme measures.

They just frisked my jacket when I walked through Nassu Street I could've had a hipflask in my back pocket and would have gotten away it it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Barely searched me, had a camera the same size of a naggin in my jacket pocket, didnt notice it at all, hip flask down the pants worked a charm

timmywex wrote: »
    Barely searched me, had a camera the same size of a naggin in my jacket pocket, didnt notice it at all, hip flask down the pants worked a charm
    Yeah even though he found something that could have been a naggin my jacket pocket...he just goes, you're clean, good man himself.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I got two pints of vodka jelly into the Trinity Ball a few years ago, put it in ziplock bags and duct-taped it inside my top. It just looked like I had huge boobs

*Tar.Aldarion likes this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Fishie wrote: »
    I got two pints of vodka jelly into the Trinity Ball a few years ago, put it in ziplock bags and duct-taped it inside my top. It just looked like I had huge boobs

Excellent idea!!! Robbing that!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

I've never been to the Trinity Ball so forgive my ignorance when I ask whether or not it would be possible to stash the booze somewhere on campus for later retreval?

Yeah it is, if those pesky residents don't get their hands on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Last night, my friend got loads of ziplock bags and put a shot of tequila into each of them, and layered them all over her body. We had a lot of fun attatching them all over her, they gave her some seriously excellent cleavage.

Sneaking in drink was unbelievably easy.

bythewoods wrote: »
    Last night, my friend got loads of ziplock bags and put a shot of tequila into each of them, and layered them all over her body. We had a lot of fun attatching them all over her, they gave her some seriously excellent cleavage.

Sneaking in drink was unbelievably sexy.
    Pix!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Lollymcd wrote: »
    I've never been to the Trinity Ball so forgive my ignorance when I ask whether or not it would be possible to stash the booze somewhere on campus for later retreval?

The perfect place to stash booze would probably be somewhere near the botany building or behind Luce. Incredibly innocuous locations with building work going on, so tremendous hiding spots.
    bythewoods wrote:

Sneaking in drink was unbelievably easy.

Reminds me of a scene in this film (last 20 seconds of the video)...

Advertisement