Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology summer exam 2010

Options
  • 15-04-2010 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello, anyone have any ideas on what to study for for the first year biology exam this summer? any hints or ideas welcome thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Hello, anyone have any ideas on what to study for for the first year biology exam this summer? any hints or ideas welcome thanks.

I sat that exam last summer and got 70% in the botany paper but almost wrecked the zoology paper.....
    Gambled on the immunology questions that Uri puts up and lost badly!!!!
    He put up a question on the "knee kerk reflex" which was only included in the lectures as one slide..Caught a lot of us out, I vowed then to always cover everything for exams!!!! Ended up just scraping a 40% which ruined my overall year mark:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

I sat that exam last summer and got 70% in the botany paper but almost wrecked the zoology paper.....
    Gambled on the immunology questions that Uri puts up and lost badly!!!!
    He put up a question on the "knee kerk reflex" which was only included in the lectures as one slide..Caught a lot of us out, I vowed then to always cover everything for exams!!!! Ended up just scraping a 40% which ruined my overall year mark:(

I am bricking it about this paper. I've pretty much had to decide to take a gamble & leave out Immunology and Central Nervous systems in favour of actually remembering some of the other stuff :( There's just too much to pack into my head over such a short space of time

I am bricking it about this paper. I've pretty much had to decide to take a gamble & leave out Immunology and Central Nervous systems in favour of actually remembering some of the other stuff :( There's just too much to pack into my head over such a short space of time

Last year I left out immunology but covered very well blood and CNS......Uri messed it up though when he asked about PAMP's and the knee jerk reflex questions:mad:
    My own fault tho',
    I have Uri again this year for molecular biology in Zoology and am making sure I pay very close attention to the smaller topics and don't just cover the past exams questions he has put up in the past

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 First year student

Hello, sorry its so late I replied but thanks to everyone who posted up I really appreciate it.

Hello, sorry its so late I replied but thanks to everyone who posted up I really appreciate it.

No problem....
    Hope it went well for ya:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement