Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrecking ball coming to Longford!

Options
  • 15-04-2010 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭

Well looks like the ghost estates are going to get smashed up.
    I'd say Carriglass estate with the hotel is going to be on the hit list. How in the name of jaysus did the local councillors not have a bit of cop on to stop that madness. Over 300 houses were planned to be built, that would mean around 1,000 people living there.
    Also, theres an entrance to the estate on a fecking corner with a terrible little roundabout in place. I saw a confused woman going the wrong way around it last week!

I wonder did any councillors object to the estates planning?
    The county is ruined with terrible looking estates.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,781 ✭✭✭SeanW

Yeah, it's crazy alright. I use some back roads in that area and the extent of the Carriglas housing estate goes all the way out to Cullyfad village nearly. I don't know if it's just one big ghost housing estate from the Granard Road (R194) to the Cullyfad road but if it is, that is one crazy level of (over)building.

Indeed, the entire Carriglass was full of overspecification (it initially had a golf course with electric underground heating throughout) and it was riddled with problems even in the good times (with subcontractors not being paid etc). All in all, a doomed, pointless development.

If NAMA now owns it, the sooner they pull it all down and return the land to farmland/floodplain, the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mosstown

all the council planners and politicians in longford should be lined up and shot, they are worse than useless. they have managed to thrash the county between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭silver campaign

Does anyone know where is or isn't going to be hit?
    I know Silver Birches in stonepark doesn't fall under the NAMA umbrella because its owned by Ulster bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 formula

mosstown wrote: »
    all the council planners and politicians in longford should be lined up and shot, they are worse than useless. they have managed to thrash the county between them.

I can't believe what I'm reading. Are you actually advocating MURDER? That's a criminal offence you know. And it's up on a public for for all to see. Quoted for posterity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭baldbear

Theres a programme on rte1 at the moment featuring quite alot of ghost estates in longford. I feel sick!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

I watched that too. Felt sorry for the people living out in that place in Stonepark.

Advertisement