Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a video camera

Options
  • 15-04-2010 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a budget video camera for two purposes:

1. To record a series of choral concerts and put the video on the web.

2. To record students playing musical instruments and singing in a one-to-one classroom situation. This will go on the web too but will mainly be used to study the student's progression over a period of time. For the singers, the audio would have to be of a decent quality.

I would like to get one that can take an external mic and also has a flash. Any I've read about with the external mic option are pricey.

Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

shayser wrote: »
    I'm looking for a budget video camera for two purposes:

1. To record a series of choral concerts and put the video on the web.

2. To record students playing musical instruments and singing in a one-to-one classroom situation. This will go on the web too but will mainly be used to study the student's progression over a period of time. For the singers, the audio would have to be of a decent quality.

I would like to get one that can take an external mic and also has a flash. Any I've read about with the external mic option are pricey.

Anyone got any ideas?

Budget?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

I'd like to try and keep in under €200 if possible. This was recommended to me and I'm tempted but it has no optical zoom.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Trevgg

the one you were recomended looks very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Thanks. Is it a problem that it has no optical zoom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ciencin

If you want optical zoom then just get a small mini dv cameras, they go as cheap as €90.
    If you want good sound you will have to get an external mic, cameras in that range will all have the same quality of sound.

I suggest small cam mini dv cam (shops like pc world, harvy norvan would have these) + Rode VideoMic, good external mic for its price.
    All together around €200

here is a link to the mic
    http://www.videogear.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=77

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭NealB

If you only want to record a couple of things then don't waste cash on amature kit, it will look rotten and sound lousy. Rent semi Pro kit from Film Base, ask for a deal on the price too. You should end up under budget and with really good material. :)

Advertisement