Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting my wife a jailbroken iphone, so what do i need to know

• 14-04-2010 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

As the thread title says i'm getting my wife a jailbroken iphone this week and she will be on 3.

So what do i need to know, what version of itunes should i not connect it to etc ????

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Hi all,

As the thread title says i'm getting my wife a jailbroken iphone this week and she will be on 3.

So what do i need to know, what version of itunes should i not connect it to etc ????

Do a search, it has been done to death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Read this thread Elvis. It'll tell you all you need to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Hi all,

Well if it's a 3GS and second hand , ideally:

Previously and still jailbroken and unlocked.

If not:
    Running on firmware 3.1 or less .
    Be made pre week 40 2009 (4th and 5th digits of serial will tell)

If you can get a phone that meets the above criteria you can easily jailbreak and unlock yourself , the jailbreak will be untethered which means you won't have to hook it back up to a PC after a reboot.
    You can still jailbreak and unlock a 3.1 phone after week 40 2009 , but it will be a tethered jailbreak . Some people find this a pain in the ass.

Hope this helps.

M

(ps)we can talk about iTunes later.

Advertisement