Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i make this look casual?

Options
  • 14-04-2010 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Bought this dress in awear and absolutely love it! Really wana use it for day wear though but i'm not sure if i can pull it off.. any tips? :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Cardi, flat pumps.... off the top of my head! Compared to my dresses that's casual on it's own :D

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

That dress is fabulous!! is it still in awear?
    I think pumps and a cardi is a great option for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Love that dress :) What about with navy converse?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

That dress is gorgeous. I want!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 BumbleBe

Yeah I just bought it on sunday and they'd just come in!
    Thanks for the replies.. I was thinking flats and a cardi too! Maybe red? Just worried that the tulle skirt would be a bit much for daywear

And the navy converse idea is great! Really funky.. Wouldn't of thought of that actually! And I really want the low top pumps anyway! An excuse to buy maybe? :o

• Advertisement

BumbleBe wrote: »
    Yeah I just bought it on sunday and they'd just come in!
    Thanks for the replies.. I was thinking flats and a cardi too! Maybe red? Just worried that the tulle skirt would be a bit much for daywear

And the navy converse idea is great! Really funky.. Wouldn't of thought of that actually! And I really want the low top pumps anyway! An excuse to buy maybe? :o

DO IT!!! Buy the shoes :D Red would be good too actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

I love that dress! I tried it on the other day though and it doesn't fit me right, it's way to big in the boob area. So disappointed!

It would look good with converse

Yeah i wanted the red converse originally, thought the navy would go with more stuff tho
    Thanks for the advice :o

Yeah when tried it on first i thought it could be a bit more secure in the chest area but i pulled the drawstring at the back and sewed it when i got home so now its fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 emememem

personally wouldnt go for converse with a dress. they can make your feet look big and clunky and this dress is dainty and cute.

if you're looking for a casual runner type shoe to go with it, try a pair of toms. they're in schuch or online. better selection online. they're so comfy and casual, you could wear them with or without tights which you cant with converse.

otherwise those kinda gladiator sandals would look class with them.

also go for a grey cardi i'd say for daytime red for at night, more or an impact.

it'd look great with loads of gold bangles.

emememem wrote: »
    personally wouldnt go for converse with a dress. they can make your feet look big and clunky and this dress is dainty and cute.

Not unless your feet's too big ;) I think this looks far from clunky - similar style dress too.

3152567727_a9d9484bb0_o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 daisyholeR

I'd go for gladiator sandals (maybe tan colour) and a light denim jacket:)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭odonopenmic

Oooh! It's so pretty!

I think if it were me, I'd go with a cropped denim jacket and brown (cowboy) boots. :p

I love the dress so so much! But when i was buying it thinking i'm probably not gona get much wear out of this!
    Thank you so much for all the inspirination, your ideas are amazing! I cant wait to try out all these looks now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭wattsusieq

Are you apposed to dresses over jeans, I think that dress would look fab over a piar of skinny jean, wirh the cons.

Advertisement