Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Legand - unlocked to use on the 3 Network

Options
  • 14-04-2010 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi

either HTC Legand / Desire

Im going to get the phone from Meteor and i wanna know is:

Is the phone locked to a network ?

If it is how hard is it to get it unlocked so i can use it on another network in this case 3.

Thanks

Jon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Both of those phones are bill pay only so you're going to have to sign an 18 month contract to get either of them. They come unlocked afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭somanynames90

ok thats cool my mam is on bill and is due the upgrade so it works - Fingers Crossed

Which would be better tho ?

The legend looks amazing and has an aluminium unibody. The HTC desire has slightly better specs and will cost more.

The legend it is :P

have you got one your self ?

• Advertisement

The legend it is :P

have you got one your self ?
    I don't have either phone but am thinking of buying one either this week or the next.

Cool all going well ill try and get it tomorrow

I hope to god that its unlocked

- What is the process for getting it unlocked if it is locked to the network ?

Cheers

Jon

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

Cheers

Jon

The one that i got from Meteor was factory unlocked! Worked with my Vodafone sim! The sales rep said that the engineers are "afraid to fiddle with the software so they don't bother locking it"!!:D btw i was the first batch of the phones (purchased the 2nd of April)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭00sully

Cheers

Jon

i'd like to know how you get on with this, particularly putting a 3 sim in and connecting to their 3g/hsdpa network. I never managed to do this in their store with my android they have peculiar apn settings and browsing was blocked for some reason. I was defo connected to the network tho.

the legend is defo unlocked tho :)

The fone is unlocked :)

connected to my wi fi and my hands free kit in the car with in seconds

the Apps store works but its only free ones at the moment

but im well pleased :)

• Advertisement

what about connecting to the web using the 3g network on 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

Be thinking about upgrading to a legend when my contract is up for renewal, that or just buying a SE elm on PAYG and going on a cheap simonly plan, save myself a bit on monthly payments for a bit.

Anyone with the phone here, how are you finding it? Was on gsmarena.com, very positive view, love the hardware of the phone and the run though of the sense ui i saw was very impressive.

HTC Legend

00sully what about connecting to the web using the 3g network on 3?

No probs at home in works or out and about - i got my self the data packege 1GB per month and its using that and not your flexi Minutes

I really do like the fone - app store is cool too - take a fews days to get used to the menu system - ie the menu button will show you the menu for that app and not the list of apps thats installed instead you press home and the then up arrow on the bottom left of the screen.

google maps is cool and it has google street too built in

the menu system itself is handy enough and the touch keyboard is cool either horizontal or vertiacal

i keep running down the battery down so im goin to see how many days i get out of it

but so far i love it well work the Yos Yos

Ill report back soon

Jon

Jon, I couldn't browse the web on my liquid (android 1.6) when I tried a 3 sim. what apn are you using?

settings --> wireless --> mobile networks --> apns

btw, new updated googlemaps has the Navigation feature - SWEET :D

cheers,

sul.

yeah thats what I used?!? oh well I moved to vodafone cuz I couldn't get it working! good luck with it! :) android ftw!

Advertisement