Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currency: where can I buy Peso's?

Options
  • 14-04-2010 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi all,

I need to get Brazilian Real and Argentine Peso's - however my local BOI says it doesnt have any or indeed they said no BOI in Limerick city will have any. Any idea where I could buy these currencies?

Many thanks

Also mods feel free to move this to a more appropriate forum if needs be.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Brazil and Argentina respectively, if your BOI can't order them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭trican

well I was hoping to have some local currency on me when I actually arrived in both places, rather than have the hassle of absolutely immediately trying to find an ATM that worked with my credit card

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

As mentioned your branch can order them in for you.

If all else fails get USD$ and change them when you land. You'll get a better rate there anyhow.

There in lies the problem, the nice people of BOI say they won't order them in

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭Speak Now

trican wrote: »
    There in lies the problem, the nice people of BOI say they won't order them in

UncleBill's solution sounds good!

• Advertisement

ok thanks for the help guys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

Why not just exchange euros when you land. The chances are you'll be doing it at a reputable Bureau de Change in the airport so there's no real advantage to converting to dollars and then to local currency.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Bring Euro, Sterling or US Dollars (dollars preferrably) and they'll change them over there. The Real and Peso are not very much in demand, and in fact I'm not aware of any foreign exchange desk in a bank that would stock these. I'd also recommend that if you have any currency left when your trip ends, change it before you come back, as you will find it hard to find a foreign exchange here that will accept either of those currencies.

Advertisement