Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokewalker - Steps reset

Options
  • 13-04-2010 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭

My pokewalker is after reseting my steps:mad: Yesterday, i thought it happened but wasnt certain (was 9 in the morning so i hadnt really woken up yet), but today i know i had about 6000 and i just checked it and its gone back to 400!!! but watts still show 427. I thought it might have something to do with the time on my ds but thats correct. Has this happened to anyone else, am i doing something wrong, is my pokewalker a jigglypuff

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I think it resets the steps after each day when you still have a pokémon in there (or not), so probably something to do with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

i put a pikachu in there this morning about 8.20 and hes still in it, yesterday it reset around 9. Havnt a clue what it is. I still get watts, and the total steps seems to be accurate. Ive been using it for 5days. Daily steps = -4 days says 3502, -3 says 7606, -2 says 20060, -1 says 4645, today = 418. Total when added up = 36232, total on walker = 43931

Difference of about 7700 that went missing today. Pretty crap since im trying for a flying pikacu

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Hrm, check the "Trainer Card" option on the Pokewalker, see what time shows up. It could be set wrong and be switching days earlier but idea how that would happen...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

does it reset once a day at 9 or are you also getting the midnight reset?

was early in the morning the first day (around 9) and was sometime between 6 and 9 yesterday evening. Also, the time on the walker was 15mins behind when i checked last night, but syncd up again when i connected to the ds. Im startn to think its the battery at this stage, as i read somewhere that when the battery is removed, you lose your steps but keep any watts, pokemon and items, so the battery may be loose

• Advertisement

That makes sense. Did you fit the back cover with the clip on it? If it appears to be on securely, switch back to the old cover and see if it does the same - even if you're very careful when switching the covers it seems to reset it so it could be that the cover isn't holding the battery in place or some such. If both of them are doing it, it's either the battery itself or the way you're fitting it, if it's one or the other it's got to be a plastics issue. Either way, don't be shy about returning it to the shop (although they may demand you return the game too so don't form emotional bonds with any Sentrets)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The walker itself is a bit odd when registering my steps, sometimes it might only go up by 100 or so when I'm walking around, then one time in the car it went up by 1200 O_o is anyone else getting discrepancies like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭shofukan

Far as I know it resets steps and only steps at midnight..

theres a little counter inside that you can hear if you shake it. If its in your pocket, with keys or whatever, it may not move with your step as the keys might stop it moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Just wack it on your washing machine during the spin cycle, it works!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-y5-pPTt94

• Advertisement

wow the pokewalker is some little machine.

Not only has it me walking more, im also gonna be doing a lot more washing. Im a new man ;)

Just put i on the dryer for 10 mins and it went up 2500 steps. Sad thing is, my dryer can walk faster now than i can

Just wack it on your washing machine during the spin cycle, it works!

Does it continue to work for very long afterwards though?
    wobbles wrote:
    Just put i on the dryer for 10 mins and it went up 2500 steps.
    Dare we ask what exactly you were doing that your pokewalker ended up on the top of the dryer? Filthy!

BTW, if like me you have a long commute home and you play a lot of steering-wheel drums on the way, hold your pokewalker(s) in your hand while you do so, the N4 onramp is good for a good couple of thousand steps. Makes steering a bitch though.

Advertisement