Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ignition switch for Stiga Lawnmower

Options
  • 13-04-2010 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the correct forum, so please redirect if not.

i have a stiga estate ride on lawnmower and at the weekend found the ignition to be loose. managed to tighten it up, but in the process dicsonnected the wiring. Tried all manner of combination, but not hitting the right one.

The connectors on the underside of the ignition are lettered M, L, B, S, G. I have 3 wires to connect:
    Brown and red
    Blue and Blue
    white.

Any help greatly appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 HEATZ

Not sure if this is the correct forum, so please redirect if not.

i have a stiga estate ride on lawnmower and at the weekend found the ignition to be loose. managed to tighten it up, but in the process dicsonnected the wiring. Tried all manner of combination, but not hitting the right one.

The connectors on the underside of the ignition are lettered M, L, B, S, G. I have 3 wires to connect:
    Brown and red
    Blue and Blue
    white.

Any help greatly appreciated...

pics will help cant find it in the book

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭waitingforBB

Thanks for the response HEATZ.
    I went down to the local shop where I bought the lawnmower this morning and the guy there opened up the bonnet of one he had and I got the connection format.

Unfortunately when I got home and wired it as was in the shop, its absoloutely dead. Fear I may have blown or shorted something when I was farting about trying different wires in the different connectors in the ignition.

Either that or I may have bust the ignition somehow.

any ideas what I could try to test before ordering a new ignition switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 HEATZ

Thanks for the response HEATZ.
    I went down to the local shop where I bought the lawnmower this morning and the guy there opened up the bonnet of one he had and I got the connection format.

Unfortunately when I got home and wired it as was in the shop, its absoloutely dead. Fear I may have blown or shorted something when I was farting about trying different wires in the different connectors in the ignition.

Either that or I may have bust the ignition somehow.

any ideas what I could try to test before ordering a new ignition switch?

dont have one here to check against but if you get me a pic of the back of the ignition switch i can ring the distributors and find out

Advertisement