Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer Drivers Problems for XP

Options
  • 13-04-2010 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a HP PSC2410 printer working on Windows XP connected directly to the PC via USB cable. When installing the printer originally I used these drivers and it has a self extracting zip which prompts you to install the USB cable and then it continues with the driver install fine.

I have since bought a SeaGate NAS110 and that connects to my ethernet network. The printer is setup on that device and is discoverable when I go to add the printer again and search for it on my network.
    When I go to install it, Windows XP asks for the drivers using the "have disk" dialogue box. I can browse through the manufacturers and devices list and the HP PSC 2410 is not listed at all. When installing the printer via the same method on Windows Vista the printer is listed and can be installed no problem.

I can extract the Windows XP HP PSC 2410 drivers using WinRAR to my desktop and have all the folders and files contained within. When I go to "have disk" on the add printer wizard none of the files in the extracted folders are recognised as the printer driver which is strange as they are the correct drivers and working when the HP exe finishes the install. The printer will still work when I reconnect the printer directly to the PC via USB.

Anybody have any idea how to get the drivers using the extracted files or existing drivers on the Windows XP PC so that I can get that printer working over the network.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks... :)

Advertisement