Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Trinity Ball

Options
  • 13-04-2010 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I have two tickets to Trinity Ball but neither of us are in Trinity, will I get asked for a student ID at the entrance?
    Also are there cloakrooms to keep coats and bags?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

They've never asked previous years, but rumour has it they may be doing so this year, just say you didn't bring your student card if asked, or worst case scenario, find someone with a student card and be "their guest".

And nope, no cloakrooms, it's an outdoor gig, you may well need your coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Ron DMC wrote: »

And nope, no cloakrooms, it's an outdoor gig, you may well need your coat.

Wrong there is always a cloackroom. Its one of the small white cabins that will be in front square. People usually assume its just another shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Wrong there is always a cloackroom. Its one of the small white cabins that will be in front square. People usually assume its just another shop.
    I stand corrected.

Thanks Hils.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭lost_soul

The never check ID. Security try to just get everyone in the doors as quick as possible. You should be okay!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

I have two tickets to Trinity Ball but neither of us are in Trinity, will I get asked for a student ID at the entrance?
    Also are there cloakrooms to keep coats and bags?

Thanks!

You need a student card to collect your tickets though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

To purchase Trinity Ball tickets you must either be

1. Current student
    2. Past graduated student
    3. Staff

You will need photo id to collect the tickets, which for options 1 and 3 is a staff or student card, though for some staff tickets are dispatched by internal post as they are on the VIP list. They know if you are a past student and will seek photo ID.

Cloakroom has been in the Public Theatre (aka Examination Hall) in the past

And you don't 'have' tickets to the Trinity Ball since they are not issued until Friday morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 misfit_crimson

Thanks everyone for your helpful posts! :)

To purchase Trinity Ball tickets you must either be

1. Current student
    2. Past graduated student
    3. Staff

You will need photo id to collect the tickets, which for options 1 and 3 is a staff or student card, though for some staff tickets are dispatched by internal post as they are on the VIP list. They know if you are a past student and will seek photo ID.

Cloakroom has been in the Public Theatre (aka Examination Hall) in the past

And you don't 'have' tickets to the Trinity Ball since they are not issued until Friday morning

FYI Our boyfriends are from Trinity so they got the tickets (we're both guests) but we'll be going in at seperate times.

I do apologise, I 'paid' for tickets, I 'bought' tickets, I 'purchased' tickets. No need to be nasty, I was just asking a question!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭cantankerous

All this talk of the trinity ball makes me wish the MCD ban was still in place :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

How long will it take to collect tickets tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Speaking to a girl that went last year, 20 minutes but then I guess it depends what time you go in at.

What time can you go in to collect at? 8.30/9?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Larianne wrote: »
    Speaking to a girl that went last year, 20 minutes but then I guess it depends what time you go in at.

What time can you go in to collect at? 8.30/9?

No earlier that 11.30 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭BlueCam

You can collect tickets between 9 and 2.

Link: "On the morning of the ball, Friday, 16th April, a large ticket collection office will be situated in Goldsmith Hall from 9am until 2pm."

Advertisement