Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up my Samsung PS50B451 3D style... Help? :)

Options
  • 13-04-2010 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

So basically I was flipping through the manual last week came across a 3D section. I had heard that sky were setting up a 3d channel so I thought I would give them a buzz. They had no idea about my tv so I rang up Samsung who assured me that all I needed for it to work was some 3D glasses with an IR emitter and that's where I hit problems...

So I've found samsung's 3D brand glasses after a bit of searching which I thought would be a safe bet. "Works with all new Samsung Tv's with built in IR emittor" ... which my TV doesn't have... Really would appreciate some help as I am quite new to 3D and since the tech is also quite new it's really hard to find.

I have found NVIDIA's 3D Vision which look really nice and seem to be what I am looking for. From what I have read however they are probably not compatible with my TV and since they have no email or contact number I have no real way of finding out.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3D_Vision_Main.html

Thanks in advance,

Sammy :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ken Lane

Bought same TV myself and noticed the 3D sync out on the back.

Have been looking at different options for the glasses and best price I can find is on http://www.3dflightsim.com/product/product_03.htm. These sell the emitter and glasses -- seems to be compatible but cannot be 100% sure.

Looking at the menu on TV, in tools "3D effect" is disabled - presume this will become available if emitter is plugged in.

Good to hear that Samsung said it will work though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 markuk

hello ken just recived an emitter and glasses this morning only able to select 3d mode on hdmi 2 with a pc connected.tried selecting it with a ps3 to play avatar as it outputs full checkerboard which is what the tv understands

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

The NVIDIA 3D glasses are purchased for the use on PC's specifically NVIDIA graphics cards.
    The PS3 version of Avatar the Game can only be played with a "active shutter" system using the 3.50 update only.
    However there have been issues with the Samsung sets and the update.

>Sol

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ken Lane

Thanks for info.

But, I want to use the TV for sky 3d.

Little concerned that 3d Effect option is not available - do I need to update the firmware for this to become available ?

Do you know what problems could arise doing this ?

Cheers,

Ken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 markuk

i have put the latest firmware on the tv and emailed samsung about it.but from what i have read on the net you would have to buy extra boxes etc from tru 3d on the net,but thers no guarntee it will work.it seems samsung are concentrating on the newer 3d tv's as opposed to ours
    markuk

• Advertisement
Advertisement