Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Repair advice needed

Options
  • 13-04-2010 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭

Hi to all in the Motors forum.

I reversed into my sister's car yesterday and dented the right rear wheel well.

There is quite a bit of damage, but it looks worse due to plastic transfer. The only thing I want done is panel beating of the panel between the rear door and the bumper.

DSC01262-1.jpg

Can anyone give me a rough idea of the cost to repair this and a recommendation of a good repair shop in the Limerick area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Only a beater can say for sure but I'll take a guess at 30-50 euro for the beating if it's not too much work.
    Then you may have to respray or hopefully the paint will come off with some type of solvent (see the tar removal thread).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

I can get the respray and plastic transfer removal done separately, it's just the beating that I need done atm.

I wouldn't have a clue as to the cost of such a job, so I thought I'd ask here for a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,427 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

good luck getting that fixed for 50 quid. I'm guessing around 7-800 for the quarter panel painted. you'll never get it straight without filler.

One of us is way off (prob me) :D I suggest you just take it to a beater or two and ask for a quote OP. Just for bodywork and also for painting.
    I know of some good beaters around Galway but none in Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

I know a couple of good bodyshops in Clare but I dont know one that would be interested in just doing the beating.....

It would be all or nothing at a guess.

I would think €500 woudl cover that easily.

• Advertisement

A beater here in G fixed a boot on an old banger I used to have for free after some a$$ had hit & run into it quite badly (boot lid wouldn't close fully), took 10 mins. Well I gave him a fiver anyway.

Advertisement