Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Second Hand car

Options
  • 13-04-2010 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭

So in Jan/2010 some beeping beep stole my car and wrote it off , I swear I'm over the loss , Looking at replacing it now , It was a Honda integra, Kinda want one again but not sure
    So choices
    Integra , Impreza , or some other type of reasonable fun Car. I have a very small budget , This is really our second car , I use it going to work so max would be €3000 . Anything good under that mark . I suppose I can live with a 1.8ltr. but 1.6 is more pocket friendly.

So far the cons on the Integra's are way over priced still for 10-13year old cars. I have owned 2 before and some are still asking the same money as when i was got the first one of them 6years ago.

If there are any other models ppl can suggest.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1247806 < cant buy till may so it will be gone , but not bad looking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

If your looking for an Impreza maybe check out www.isdc.ie
    A 96 one was sold for €1600 last week!
    Plus the lads on their would help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

E39MSport wrote: »

as much as I love Preludes, and the BB4 in particular....55,000 miles in 17 years??? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭Joeface

mmmm Prelude , Unfortunately over the 2ltr mark , so taxing will cost me more than insurance.

always always liked them , never understood why they weren't as popular as the celica's and MR2's ...prob the FWD bit.

Very very low mileage.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Try a Mitsubishi FTO. V6 sounds much smoother than 4 cylinder, look great, 197bhp on the GPX models. getting cheap now.

only downsides is there isn't the same amount of aftermarket stuff available for them and the rear seat room isn't as big as the teg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭Joeface

Seem to be mainly Auto/Tip ...any manuals , They are a very nice car also

Must keep writing these down , I have a month or so to look

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭T83

Well you said fun not pretty so here goes...

Mirage Asti 1.6 Mivec
    Levin BZR 1.6
    Pulsar VZR 1.6
    6N2 Polo GTI 1.6

MKIV Golf GTI 1.8T
    Seat Ibiza Cupra 1.8T (if you can find one)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Absurdum wrote: »
    as much as I love Preludes, and the BB4 in particular....55,000 miles in 17 years??? :eek:
    and as its a Jap import theres no way of verifying the mileage. How convienient :p

I do love preludes though!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Joeface wrote: »
    Seem to be mainly Auto/Tip ...any manuals , They are a very nice car also

Must keep writing these down , I have a month or so to look

Yeah, there's plenty manuals around. I had both manual and tiptronic GPX models and was delighted with both.

Drag raced a standard DC2 Type R in Eniskillen last year and lost by 0.05 of a second cos I messed up a gearchange but got a better overall time so they'd be a fair match for a Type R performance wise. As I said earlier though the Integra has a lot more performance mods available but I think the FTO is a nicer car allround.

There's a 97 180hp GX (non MIVEC) manual on donedeal at the moment for 3500

Advertisement