Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talented Artists/Bands/Songwriters/Producers

Options
  • 13-04-2010 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Artist development company is looking for TALENTED and MOTIVATED Artists/Bands/Songwriters/Producers to help develop their music and present it to the right people. Check out link removed for more information.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Oh my eyes. no offense, but thats one terrible site design.

What exactly is it you do? It doesnt really mention it on your site - though you hint at publishing etc. Im assuming you charge people to send their cds off to 'contacts'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mushroommusic

Yes..The site is a bit lo budget at the mo..eye catching though lol.. a proper one is in the pipeline but this will have to do for now :)
    There are no fees btw but the music we want to work with, develop and play to people within the music/tv/film industries must have "something"!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

no fees is good - you should put that on the site as first impression is there might be.

Check out wordpress - install it on your web server and google up a wordpress template - instant site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bassbomber

Tell us what you think www.myspace.com/factorydublin

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭PMI

Artist development and then you quote "site is bit low budget"? which is something that you cant be in artist development.

to do anything properly you need stacks of cash and if you cant throw it at your site then how you gonna throw it at artistes?

how do you expect anyone to take you seriously?

Track record?

Contacts?

Testimonials?

not raining on your parade but have a look at it from the outside :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 SpittinStuff

Whats up guys.

www.myspace.com/spittinoutyourbones

Have a listen, any comments and feedback will be much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Wes.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Yes..The site is a bit lo budget at the mo..eye catching though lol.. a proper one is in the pipeline but this will have to do for now :)
    There are no fees btw but the music we want to work with, develop and play to people within the music/tv/film industries must have "something"!

Sorry lads but you've not gotten off to a great start. I don't think i'd fancy working with a company who have a really poor looking site and freely admit it's "Low Budget"?

Also, the site says
    "almost 10 years of music industry experience..."
    is that like 5 of you with 2 years college each? (Sorry if that sounds like a harsh question, i'm generally interested in what kind of experience you have)

Also
    "There are no fees, we just want to source great music, make it sound amazing and get it out there".
    So what's in it for you? This is a business surely? How to you receive remuneration? If this statement is true, then this is a noble outfit, but i feel you're not being completely straight-forward unless you're running a charity?

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Hey guys,

not exactly sure what up with all the criticism.

It's not like you made some sort of deal with the guy and he screwed you.... Right???

Why not email him and ask him these questions?

Here's why:

if he's legit and you've publicly trashed him then you've just possibly pissed away an opportunity in exchange for what? Looking clever momentarily on the Internet?

Maybe it's a scam, maybe he's full of ****... The point is you DON'T know.

And if you trash him publicly, you probably never will.

Just my opinion.

Better to be smart and optimistic than the alternative.

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    Hey guys,

not exactly sure what up with all the criticism.

Why not email him and ask him these questions?

Because this is a discussion board. The reason this site exists is for people to discuss topics. The topic here is MushroomArtists.net. Get it?

I think all the "Criticisms" as you put it are constructive.

Nobody accused these guys of trying to scam anyone... in fact... you're the only one who has used the word "Scam".
    Maybe it's a scam, maybe he's full of ****... The point is you DON'T know.
    Indeed, we don't know, which is why questions are being asked here. I'm sure you fully understand the concept of a discussion forum.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Because this is a discussion board. The reason this site exists is for people to discuss topics. The topic here is MushroomArtists.net. Get it?

I think all the "Critisisms" as you put it are constructive.

Nobody accused these guys of trying to scam anyone... in fact... you're the only one who has used the word "Scam".

Indeed, we don't know, which is why questions are being asked here. I'm sure you fully understand the concept of a discussion forum.

If you want to prentend those questions were not loaded with criticism and simply part of a 'discussion' so be it.

But this kind of **** is pointless IMO. See it as an opportunity.

Or just have a lot of negative discussions if you must...

I would say though, that you're belief that being unpleasant is somehow a necessary part of 'discussion' is pretty inccurate. Discussion can be civil.

• Advertisement

If you want to prentend those questions were not loaded with criticism and simply part of a 'discussion' so be it.

But this kind of **** is pointless IMO. See it as an opportunity.

Or just have a lot of negative discussions if you must...

I would say though, that you're belief that being unpleasant is somehow a necessary part of 'discussion' is pretty inccurate. Discussion can be civil.

Absolutely, discussion can be civil, everything i have said so far has been civil. You've had 2 posts in this thread, both with swear words in them.

if you don't think my question about their remuneration is a valid question then you show naivety. I love in a world where people set up businesses due to some sort of motive. Mostly, it is a profit motive. I asked a question on how these guys are going to make a profit. It's a simple question.

Other companies run businesses with the motive of helping others without making profit for themselves, charities and such. I'm confused as to the nature of this venture, hense my questions.

Absolutely, discussion can be civil, everything i have said so far has been civil. You've had 2 posts in this thread, both with swear words in them.

if you don't think my question about their remuneration is a valid question then you show naivety. I love in a world where people set up businesses due to some sort of motive. Mostly, it is a profit motive. I asked a question on how these guys are going to make a profit. It's a simple question.

Other companies run businesses with the motive of helping others without making profit for themselves, charities and such. I'm confused as to the nature of this venture, hense my questions.

So when you say:

"i feel you're not being completely straight forward"

you were being civil?

Swearing is only offensive to people with small minds or people pretending to be offended to prove a point.

My point still stands, there's no reason to jump from, "I don't understand" to, "I think you're being dishonest".

And by the way, saying he's potentially being dishonest IS essentially saying he could be running a scam...

So yeah, go re-read your post and clarify if you actually think you have reason for calling potentially dishonest.

Discussion is great, being negative for no reason and jumping to cynical conclusions, not so much.

So when you say:

"i feel you're not being completely straight forward"

you were being civil?

Of course i was being civil, and my point still stands. If the motive behind this company is profit, where is the profit coming from?

There's an old saying "There's no such thing as a free lunch" and it appears as if a free lunch is being offered here.
    Swearing is only offensive to people with small minds or people pretending to be offended to prove a point.
    That's your opinion!
    My point still stands, there's no reason to jump from, "I don't understand" to, "I think you're being dishonest".
    Both statements are completely different, misunderstanding and dishonesty are different concepts. It seems you haven't read my posts as i said neither of these things and would appreciate if you didn't try to attribute either of these statements to me.
    And by the way, saying he's potentially being dishonest IS essentially saying he could be running a scam...
    Again, please don't try to attribute statements to me that i did not make.
    So yeah, go re-read your post and clarify if you actually think you have reason for calling potentially dishonest.
    It seems it is you who should re-read my posts as you seem to have a habit of putting words into my mouth in a proverbial sense!
    jumping to cynical conclusions

There's a difference between cynicism and realism. My questions are perfectly valid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 culture vandals

:cool:AHEMMMMM:cool:

jesus lads... whats the story here... i dont see anything wrong with the website.... it's an info site from what i can see ffs, dosent have to be all noise and cool, but i think it's cool looking anyway... were you expecting a hand to come through the screen with a cheque for ye....lol

expierence and wisdom will win over throwing cash at something anyday, i know the music industry is all about the quick big score at the moment but ye know... look at the standard of artist that that model has provided...emmmm... not very impressive or lasting ea!

one of the reasons bands dont fulfill their potential is simply because they dont believe in themselves enough and unfortunetly there are people out there who take advantage of that...but ye shouldent just assume becasue somone want to give some talented people some help to get going that they are in it to screw em..... if a company helps develop an artist (same as a manager) ... at the start theres no money involved really. proper artist development used to be organic and to be honest took a few years, bands and artist would develop over an album or two (sure look at how long the who and the beatles took to develop the sound we all have come to know and love)... personally i know i've been learning my craft for a long time (that dont me i'm crap tho lol :)) and i still learn everyday..however, when it comes to business i just dont know where to start, ...why? becasue i write music and record, i'm not a business man, i can build ye a studio, write, record, arrange and master you a full album haa but i couldent orgainsed a proper gig or broker a record deal to save my goddamn life... now if i were a business man actually i'd prob be on the pigs back at this stage lol... but i digresssssss

there are not many people out there who are actually taking this approch of artist development anymore... for e.g..... somone say who has their own studio, who knows a load of people in the music industry (I myself have recorded friends who otherwise wouldent have had the money to goto an expensive studio, i've also help other songwriters flesh out their song ideas by sessionsing and programming their music for them, not for the money but to see them progress as musicians and hopefully help em get a little further on in what they want to do) , who are looking to help an artist or whoever get noticed and hopefully make a few quid...then i'm sure they will take their cut, bus sure the artist will only be delighted to give them a cut of whatever they make as the developer manager whatever helped get em there.......

so i'm chuffed to see people in the position doing this.( well i think thats whats going on here). i for one will be sending some stuff on to em to see what they think, although all i'll really need from em will be a dig out regarding getting people to hear the songs, as writing,recording, arrangement, image and all that is pretty much talken care of, but ye know what.... what i think is what i think and if somone who is in the know has an opinion on what i'm doing music wise then i would be a fool to disregard sound advice (that of course if it is sound advice).

ireland is such a tiny tiny tiny country or should i say territory in respect of album sales or gigs and the like... compared to america or even england, we just cant compete but ye know what.... ireland for the size of it's population has in my opinion the most amazingly talented people on earth, we have so many amazing band/ singers/ film makers/artists/poets, and the standard is sooooo high it's frightening... even the ones who are not so great are still miles better than our european similers... whats wrong here is not the talent pool, but the industry... it's tooo self serving and all about cliques....the groups of people in the position to help other generally dont help others, the artists who are fantastic should be able to get help for development they they need as , as i said before they prob need it cause they dont know how to play the game, as the ones who know music really well usually dont know business really well.

oh my god i've completely waffled on too much..

ye know what lads...be nice... sure ye know nothing about this company...for all you know it could be a couple of lads running a studio that want to help some people out (if i was in a position thats something i'd like to do too) , if loads of money comes out of that then sure isnt that a bonus... but if nothing else, hopefully there will be plenty of great songs written and recorded out of it... and if not, isnt it better to try than do nothing and begrudge others.. so best of luck with it all......

smell ye later
    EdVandal

http://www.myspace.com/culture_vandals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B60p80_rlzI

Of course i was being civil, and my point still stands. If the motive behind this company is profit, where is the profit coming from?

There's an old saying "There's no such thing as a free lunch" and it appears as if a free lunch is being offered here.

That's your opinion!

Both statements are completely different, misunderstanding and dishonesty are different concepts. It seems you haven't read my posts as i said neither of these things and would appreciate if you didn't try to attribute either of these statements to me.

Again, please don't try to attribute statements to me that i did not make.

It seems it is you who should re-read my posts as you seem to have a habit of putting words into my mouth in a proverbial sense!

There's a difference between cynicism and realism. My questions are perfectly valid.

Whatever. You're not being honest.

Saying someone is not being straight forward when all you have is a lack of knowledge isn't civil.

That's my opinion.

Whatever. You're not being honest.

Saying someone is not being straight forward when all you have is a lack of knowledge isn't civil.

That's my opinion.

It seems you have not understood this part of my post. The one you keep refering to.
    So what's in it for you? This is a business surely? How to you receive remuneration? If this statement is true, then this is a noble outfit, but i feel you're not being completely straight-forward unless you're running a charity?

If these guys want to make a profit, then they have't been forthcoming in how this is being done. All they have said is that they wish to help people. If that is the case then fine, if not, then they are not being straight-forward.

It's not so hard to get your head around.

lads you've hijacked the thread to argue over he said she said crap...come on...will ye give it a rest....anyone looking at this will just ignore the first post becasue they will be wrapped up in your messin :).... why dont you email mushroom music and ask them what the story is with em instead of this... when you get straight answers then maybe come back and let us al know.

no wonder nothing gets done in this country.... lol

lads you've hijacked the thread to argue over he said she said crap...come on...will ye give it a rest....anyone looking at this will just ignore the first post becasue they will be wrapped up in your messin :).... why dont you email mushroom music and ask them what the story is with em instead of this... when you get straight answers then maybe come back and let us al know.

no wonder nothing gets done in this country.... lol

I agree that the thread was derailed, but i stand by my points.

My questions are valid, and i was replying to Milan Pan!c as he made a habit of attributing statements to me that i never made.

I am of the opinion that my contribution was straight forward and any business would be happy to clear things up, as i'm sure the OP will.

fair enough i'm sure he will answer all the questions... cheers for liking the bands music mate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

if he's legit and you've publicly trashed him then you've just possibly pissed away an opportunity in exchange for what? Looking clever momentarily on the Internet?

you come onto a forum advertising your site then be prepared for the replies both good or bad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 adamokeefe

Advertisement