Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginners PhotoShop course - RuaRed Dublin

Options
  • 13-04-2010 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭

Just came across this, might be of interest.

6 weeks from Thursday May 20th, 6-8pm, Cost €120.

Details here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Fair play , great value on the face of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

I think the goals are SLIGHTLY lofty in the course description ("print PERFECT pictures" ??) I don't think they're going to be going into full color control processes from profiling all input devices (including the cameras for digital, and scanners for different sources like film & reflectives etc..) through to profiles for the output devices.

BUT.. as the other guys said.. for beginners this looks like it could be an exceptional value.

I would ask about intended class sizes if looking into it, however. If the classroom is an auditorium and it's a lecture-only course with no hands-on, and too high a ratio of students to instructors, it could only SEEM like good value.

Caveat Emptor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 RUARED

Hey Heebie,

Ok, so 'perfect' is perhaps not the best term to use - but perfection can also be exceptionally personal. ;-)

It is a beginners course so its really just getting people to understand the basics, avoiding the big mistakes and giving them a more rounded understanding of the process from camera to printed image. (not looking at other input sources for the moment!)

Really good point about class sizes! The class is held in the RUA RED mac lab so there is a max of 10 students each working from their own machine. Q&A time with the tutor is built into each session. We're also giving students 6 hours of free lab use so they work with images in their own time.

We really hope it is good value.
    We're happy to hear all feedback good and bad. :-)

Cj

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Are there any plans to do a complete photography course in Rua Red? Something that would cover photography and basic photo shop/post processing?

Hi NothingMan,

We haven't got any plans for something quite as comprehensive as that at the moment but there is no reason why we wouldn't in the future.

If you like you can ping me an email at cjones(at)ruared.ie telling me what you'd be interested in and I'll make sure it informs our programming.

At the moment we have Tallaght Photographic Society meeting in here weekly on a Tuesday evening. They occasionally run courses but they also have interesting speakers, critiquing sessions etc. Happy to pass the details to you if its of any interest.

Thanks!

Cj

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Dont mind me . Just want a shortcut to this thread in my User CP:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Dont mind me . Just want a shortcut to this thread in my User CP:)

You can just subscribe to a thread without posting using "Thread tools" up there ^^^.

I heard about the society that meets there alright. May be worth a look in. Could you send me the details or post them?

I live right beside Rua Red and am looking for a photography course so it would be really handy.

No problem.
    They have a website that you can browse: http://www.tallaghtphotographicsociety.com/
    You can get in touch with them by email at info(at)tallaghtphotographicsociety.com

They are really nice people so I hope you can get something from attending. Do please give me a shout with any suggestions. Always happy to receive those and hopefully we'll get something on for you soon!

Advertisement