Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balbriggan Cinema Question

Options
  • 13-04-2010 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭

I usually go to Swords - but the one question below might change my mind.
    Does the Balbriggan Cinema do real butter popcorn?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

They do popcorn and add butter to it, if thats what you call real butter popcorn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Really :D

If your yanking my chain im going to be really disappointed this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

i did not think swords added butter to it?

if thats the case i might head to balbriggan too! what is the cinema like there?

Martron wrote: »
    i did not think swords added butter to it?

if thats the case i might head to balbriggan too! what is the cinema like there?

It doesn't hence the reason im considering a change. Also the really old sweetshop is close to the cinema,so it could be an all round happier place.

the dentist is just down the road to when you pull a filling out!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭billyhead

I have not been to this cinema yet and I was wondering is it worth the trip, os should I stick to Swords? i.e suppose what I am asking is are the screens the standard size and what are the comfort levels like in terms of leg room etc.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Would the Omni in Santry not be closer, or have they stopped doing butter too?

3 of the screens are decent size. The ones that are on the right hand side when you go through the ticket check.

There are 2 further down the back that would not be as big but have the same leg room and a smaller screen.

Does the trick for a local cinema.

I go here whenever I am going to the cinema as it saves a driving to Swords/Santry/Coolock or Drogheda when I can walk here.

i dont think they do butter popcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 22,766 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Martron wrote: »
    i dont think they do butter popcorn

Why not do a BYOB (Bring Your Own Butter)? :)

• Advertisement

it ruins my pockets! :D

Ginny wrote: »
    Would the Omni in Santry not be closer, or have they stopped doing butter too?

wouldn't be closert for me - also,I hate that cinema

One more crap thing about Swords is it doesn't serve fanta only club.

Machine Fanta is one of the greatest beverages available, which is strange as bottle and can fanta isn't worth talking about...

As far as I remember Balbriggan only serve Club aswell and they defo have butter popcorn

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Its a fine cinema, albeit a little small. If I wanted to see a big action blockbuster, I would drop down to Swords, but for any other film its fine. And the Thai next door is tops too!!!

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Its a fine cinema, albeit a little small. If I wanted to see a big action blockbuster, I would drop down to Swords, but for any other film its fine. And the Thai next door is tops too!!!

Exactly what I said to the missus on the way home last night.
    Its a great little cinema, Butter popcorn etc.. all brilliant.

The cinema was a little small, i'd propbably go see a blockbuster in swords, but for them most part, im going to use this place.

Advertisement