Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon of the Week: Skarmory

Options
  • 13-04-2010 11:19am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭

170px-227Skarmory.png
    Types Steel/Flying

Species Armor Bird Pokémon

Abilities Keen Eye or Sturdy

Pokédex
    National #227
    Kanto #—
    Johto #203
    Hoenn #115
    Sinnoh #—

Height 5'07"

Weight
    111.3 lbs.

I love Skarmory. He has and always will be one of my favourite steel type Pokémon. I mean think about it. He's made of steel AND he can fly. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

In fairness, the same can be said of Jet Jaguar, and *he* can also grow to the same size as a giant monster from space if danger threatens.

Never seem to get a skarmory in a game early enough that I can find a use for it. Tell me more about what I'm missing out on...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Steelix would be mine (as he just looks bad-ass!)

Never really tried Skarmory, is it any good?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Not only is he the only Pokémon that can learn Steel Wing by levelling up (which in itself is a very powerful attack), but it can also learn rock and dark type moves, such as Night Slash (which incrementally increases the crit. hit every time you use it)

On top of that it's natural attack is quite high as well as its defence, naturally. its downsides are that is that its weak to fire and electric type, but its major upside is it has a resistance against dark, bug, flying, psychic, steel, dragon and grass :). its also one of the slowest flying Pokémon, but a bit of drugs always helps :pac:

So yeah, I use Skarmory a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Night Slash (which incrementally increases the crit. hit every time you use it)

Wrong, it just has a higher crit rate so it's base crit is one in eight rather than one in sixteen :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Wrong, it just has a higher crit rate so it's base crit is one in eight rather than one in sixteen :pac:

well SORRRIE for my imperfection, chris. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

well SORRRIE for my imperfection, chris. :rolleyes:

I'll forgive you for now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

its also one of the slowest flying Pokémon, but a bit of drugs always helps :pac:

a drop of wd-40 would do the job aswell :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I dunno why, but I never got too attached to the steel types, the only steel one I can think of that I was really fond of was Heatran, and that was cause he was primarily a fire type too. It doubled his weakness to ground type attacks, but man I loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Never liked steel. I jut teach my Flying type Steel Wing, works out fine

Advertisement