Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drooooool

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Yeah, I had thought about going down there when I do a UK road trip in August; I'm going from Manchester to London Heathrow so Swindon isn't mad out of the way and this part of the trip just happens to fall on a Monday when they're open. The website didn't inspire much hope when I looked at it a few months back, but those videos make it look good, so I might just re-add it to my itinerary. Anyone need a t-shirt?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Bloody hell... I lived in Swindon for 15 years and didn't know that existed...

If you are going to Manchester, see if you can track down Ravage on UKVAC... if memory serves correctly his retro Arcade museum is based there.. (the guy literally has a warehouse full of full sized rare arcade machines).

hmm .. no my memory is failing :( it's not Ravage, he's in Portsmouth... It's someone else... I'll see if I can locate the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Sadly the guy i was thinking of no longer lives in the UK.. It was X-Y Man.. He now lives in the US.

He had over 100 rare/very rare machines at his site. Noone has any idea what happened to them. He was one of the few guys allowed to clean out the old Atari plant in Ireland, so had very rare test machines etc. It's a pity, it was an amazing collection.. probably the best in Europe. (it was based in Salford then near Middleton).

Advertisement