Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Commercial Jeep - company vehicle

Options
  • 12-04-2010 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,520 ✭✭✭✭

I have an offer of a commercial jeep as a company vehicle, for BIK reasons of course. Max value is €30k. I've done some some investigating and have narrowed down to these

Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
    Mitsubishi Outlander 2.0 DiD
    Nissan Qashqai 1.5dCi
    Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi

Some points:
    -I'm not going to be carrying a huge amount, so massive pulling power isn't hugely important.
    -The 30k is a max, there's no point in suggesting anything above, I'm not doing the purchasing
    -I'd prefer to have as many car-type comforts as possible (aircon, mp3 input etc as possible)
    -It must be a jeep-based commercial.

Anyone have any feedback on the models above, or have any suggestions on anything i might have missed out on.

Gracias,
    FFS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I have an offer of a commercial jeep as a company vehicle, for BIK reasons of course. Max value is €30k. I've done some some investigating and have narrowed down to these

Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
    Mitsubishi Outlander 2.0 DiD
    Nissan Qashqai 1.5dCi
    Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi

Some points:
    -I'm not going to be carrying a huge amount, so massive pulling power isn't hugely important.
    -The 30k is a max, there's no point in suggesting anything above, I'm not doing the purchasing
    -I'd prefer to have as many car-type comforts as possible (aircon, mp3 input etc as possible)
    -It must be a jeep-based commercial.

Anyone have any feedback on the models above, or have any suggestions on anything i might have missed out on.

Gracias,
    FFS

Out of those, the Kuga is the best value for money and will cost you diddly squat in BIK (taxed on about €90 a month).

Have only driven the Outlander from your list and that was too off road to be a car, but too car to be an off roader if you know what I mean.

I've driven the Santa Fe, but only in the Auto. It's a nice comfy big bus in that set up, but does wallow a bit.

I don't think the 1.5Dci in the Qashqai would be able to compete against the other engines.

Kuga is the best looking too in my opinion, although the interior in the 08 Titanium model we had in was very cheap looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,520 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Yeah, that's the way I was leaning. If I was an accountant, it might be the Outlander as it's ridiculously cheap

Advertisement