Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Berlingo 1.4 l multispace 1998 electronics start

Options
  • 12-04-2010 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi, I've got two questions for Berlingo experts:

1.) Every now and then the Berlingo 1.4 l multispace does not recognise the chip embedded inside the key. This results in warning beeps and the engine won't turn on. The only way of getting around this is to insert key again turn ignition and repeat until beeping stops. This is an intermittent problem but it has never been solved. I once brought it to the Citroen garage and the mechanics could not reproduce the fault,( they said they had started the car for about twenty minutes without problems) which meant they were unable to fix it. Anybody knows why this happens and how to stop it.

2) I recently discharged the battery completely and had to jumpstart it. Since then, again not consistently some of the electronics will not come on. This is indicated by the red battery light on the dash. Weirdly, it is bright when the radiois on but becomes half-lit when the radio is switched off. When this happens the indicators, wipers, car windows won't work. Obviously, I can't drive it this way. So what I do, is turn engine off and on and that usually fixes it. Any ideas what is going on?

Any advice would be appreciated,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

Hi freshfruit,
    Both immobiliser & wipers are controlled by the Bsi (built in system interface)
    The bsi also controls all lights..windows..etc
    i'm guessing the jumpstart has spiked the bsi and caused internal problems..:eek:
    Bsi's work out around €250-€350 ish..but will need to be programmed
    to the engine ecu which will add on more €€€.
    Some berlingo's/partners suffer from water ingress which can causes alot of problems.
    check below scuttle panel in around wiper motor for blocked rainwater drain
    openings....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭freshfruit

Thanks for reply, that's a lot of cash for sorting this one out, considering the car is now probably worth less than the cost of a BCI. thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

freshfruit wrote: »
    Thanks for reply, that's a lot of cash for sorting this one out, considering the car is now probably worth less than the cost of a BCI. thanks anyway.

Before you get it checked out maybe try a Bsi reboot....it's worth a try...:)
    http://www.bba-reman.com/content.aspx?content=citroen_bsi_body_control_failure
    if that does'nt sort it maybe ring bba and get a price for a bsi rebuild.

Advertisement