Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student Nursing Aptitude Exam last sat 10/04/10

Options
  • 12-04-2010 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey guys,

Just looking for some feedback on the aptitude test for the mature student nursing, i found the test to be simple enough but didnt get to finish the questions in section 2 and 3 i left out a good 10 Qs in section two and about 6 in section three but im pretty sure the ones i answered were correct and was really worried i just didnt keep an eye on the time and am very dissapointed :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MS E Elliott

hi there... only a handful of people finish the maths part of the exam... good luck..

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BIFFOS

Hi Ellen
    Yeah I did the aptitude test in Dublin and Xposé live was on next door I thought it was not appropriate venue and someone's mobile went off just at the crucial moment when we were in the middle of the numerical test which is the hardest. Thought over all it was a nerve racking experience. The numerical test was fierce hard and I did a pre aptitude course and even that did not prepare me foe how hard they were.
    The only thing is that they told us that there was no negative marking so they told us for the last minute to tick off the ones that you have left to do.

hi biffos... thats a pity about the venue.. what time were you at?.i hope you put your complaint on the back of the comments page... i was at 9am in the morning... went well... got an interview with the adelaide school of nursing...cant wait for the results to come out...best of luck..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Hope it went well for everyone! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bannerclaire

Hey,

Does any body know what date we will find out whether we've got through to interview stage?

Thanks! :)

• Advertisement

the results are being posted out this thursday 6th of may.. so should arrive by post on monday hopefully... :)

I got a cao form in the post today i nearly peeeed meself thought it was the results to see if i'm called to interview. good luck to everyone.........:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 monstermonster

ok where do i start,

I am a guy in his 30's looking to study nursing next year. I have no degree so no fees but registrations. all good so far yeah!

But I also have 2 kids and a missus and a mortgage. Is it really feasible for someon like me to study the degree money wise?? How do people do it?? I am working as as Care Assistant in a private nursing home and know exactly what response I will get from them if I ask for sponsorship or other assistance e.g. Dont let the door hit your a**e on your way out. They wont even pay for me to study FETAC level 5.

So how do people do it. I am not work shy and I really want this. But can I afford it?? Any ideas?? Anyone?? Do people take out loans to cover mortgage or something?? I know you are paid for your hospital placements in 4th year so its really the first 3 long years on the breadline I am worried about.

ok where do i start,

I am a guy in his 30's looking to study nursing next year. I have no degree so no fees but registrations. all good so far yeah!

But I also have 2 kids and a missus and a mortgage. Is it really feasible for someon like me to study the degree money wise?? How do people do it?? I am working as as Care Assistant in a private nursing home and know exactly what response I will get from them if I ask for sponsorship or other assistance e.g. Dont let the door hit your a**e on your way out. They wont even pay for me to study FETAC level 5.

So how do people do it. I am not work shy and I really want this. But can I afford it?? Any ideas?? Anyone?? Do people take out loans to cover mortgage or something?? I know you are paid for your hospital placements in 4th year so its really the first 3 long years on the breadline I am worried about.

I’m married too I’ve applied this year and didn’t get the place I want now I may get in the 2nd round offers but will see how it goes.
    A way of finding out if you could manage it would be to see if you could get back to education allowance by phoning the local social welfare office to see how you can get it. It may mean leaving ur job before September next year. Also look into getting maintenance grant I am pretty sure with 3 kids mortgage wife you would get it. There is also a thing called the millennium grant that you could get its for hardship cases where on top of the normal maintenance grant you could get extra cash in the month.

For you 1st year you could take a holiday from your mortgage give yourself some breeding space or pay the interest only. You will have years down the road to pay it off.

If nursing is something you really want to do then you should go for it. Apply the mature route the aptitude test is the most important part of the entry all your points come from that, the interview is either pass or fail. But if your well prepared and do the prep courses you could get the college you want. You should focus on getting as many points as possible so that you get into the college you want that’s near you. I had a tragedy five days before my aptitude I’m 6 point of the nursing near me and it’s a killer I’m 8 on the order of merit and I know I will not get in there as a mature student. I have applied through the Fetac options as well so I saying all the novenas that I get in that way.

Anyway best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dedede

hi there... only a handful of people finish the maths part of the exam... good luck..
    hope you passed it.... im doing my exam this saturday and am very worried about the maths part of it,if there any ideas of what maths to study could you tell me thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement