Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How to turn on fogs on 00 Micra

Options
  • 12-04-2010 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Where is the switch to turn on front fog lights in a 1 litre 00 Nissan Micra GX. Friend got one but do not see switch unless it is on the stalk at left of steering wheel. If so fogs do not work. Thanks

Edit. Did a google and seem they come on with the headlights? Thought it was illegal to have fogs on unless needed, but main beam needed all the time? Or is it cos it is a 00 car

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

TheGobb wrote: »
    Where is the switch to turn on front fog lights in a 1 litre 00 Nissan Micra GX. Friend got one but do not see switch unless it is on the stalk at left of steering wheel. If so fogs do not work. Thanks

I'm pretty sure it's on the stalk of the Micra, have you tried checking the fuse? With all of the flooding we had late last year a lot of cars got water into the fogs and blew fuses are worse

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭beam99

If it's a jap import, chances are it does not have rear fog lights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭TheGobb

beam99 wrote: »
    If it's a jap import, chances are it does not have rear fog lights.
    front fog lights

Onkle wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it's on the stalk of the Micra, have you tried checking the fuse? With all of the flooding we had late last year a lot of cars got water into the fogs and blew fuses are worse
    Maybe but would the dealer not have checked that? Just bought today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Maybe but would the dealer not have checked that? Just bought today

Well if they aren't working I would presume the dealer didn't check them. In an ideal world the car would have no problem, in reality it's a 10 year old starter car that the dealer probably didn't even test when they took it as a trade in then hoovered it, polished it and fecked it on the forecourt at a 200% margin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Edit. Did a google and seem they come on with the headlights? Thought it was illegal to have fogs on unless needed, but main beam needed all the time? Or is it cos it is a 00 car

Just a word of advice. When you do find that switch, just remember fog lights are only to be used when its foggy and are not a fashion accesory. You might see other Micra drivers using them instead of headlights in a vain attempt to look cool. Its not cool, infact they just end up looking like a pr!ck and p!ssing people off. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Just a word of advice. When you do find that switch, just remember fog lights are only to be used when its foggy and are not a fashion accesory. You might see other Micra drivers using them instead of headlights in a vain attempt to look cool. Its not cool, infact they just end up looking like a pr!ck and p!ssing people off. ;)

+1

the front fogs on those Micras are BASTARDS

Saab Ed wrote: »
    No need to worry there. I agree they do look like pricks but this is not a starter car it is for someone driving all his life, who does not care about fogs.But I want them to work, to be there when needed, as he paid for the car. Do the Saab drivers ever show off?

Onkle wrote: »
    Well if they aren't working I would presume the dealer didn't check them. In an ideal world the car would have no problem, in reality it's a 10 year old starter car that the dealer probably didn't even test when they took it as a trade in then hoovered it, polished it and fecked it on the forecourt at a 200% margin
    It has a 2 year NCT actually

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

Where is the switch to turn on front fog lights in a 1 litre 00 Nissan Micra GX.

I must be impossible to switch them off as every Micra I have seen has front fog lights on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

We've one at home.

The fog switch (both front and back) are on the Left Hand stalk, the same as the headlights and indicators. To turn on the front fogs, rotate the switch one stop. To turn on the front and rear fogs, rotate it two stops. If you've the rear fogs on, they will turn off when you turn off the headlights.

If they are not working and as you've bought it today, I'd be heading back to the dealer.

ianobrien wrote: »
    We've one at home.
    good
    The fog switch (both front and back) are on the Left Hand stalk, the same as the headlights and indicators.
    is that the one in from the left. Heads outside and fogs inside, to right of left stalk?
    To turn on the front fogs, rotate the switch one stop. To turn on the front and rear fogs, rotate it two stops. If you've the rear fogs on, they will turn off when you turn off the headlights.
    OK
    If they are not working and as you've bought it today, I'd be heading back to the dealer.
    will be. not mine. will check tomorrow but I think i have it right. Thanks;)

Advertisement