Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Thoughts on 1.4 Astra Club 07

Options
  • 12-04-2010 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Wife looking at Astra 1.4 Club 07- anyone driving one of these all comments appreciated whats MPG like etc.

Thanks in advance.

Ger.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

35-40mpg, underpowered for the size and weight of the car.

A bigger engine would suit it better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

hi_im_fil wrote: »
    underpowered
    +1

There not a bad car, the one thing I will tell you and this is from driving one myself, they are a good motorway car but on a bad road they are very uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,178 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

While the 1.4 litre will not set the road on fire, it has alot more life in it than say a 1.4 litre Golf or Focus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Nice and comfy but that engine sounds awful. Like it's permanently strained or something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Have a 1.4 Club

Grand car, its actually reasonable enough on R roads and the steering is pretty lively considering.

She revs high at motorspeeds so its not the nicest cruiser by any stretch- you'll be doing about 4000 rpm at just over 75mph.

Its true the engine doesn't sound very refined, theres a rasp to it, from the timing chain i believe but its ok. You are not buying it for a roaring V8.

Seats folded flat, it'll hold a lot of stuff too.

On your own it'll feel lively enough, but you will notice the lack of power if you add more then one adult.

Fuel economy is roughly what a previous poster said, 35-40mpg.

I have mine 3 years now and I'm still happy with it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I use a 1.3 CDTI 06 from time to time. Personlly I hate the self cancelling, indicators in it, and I find the interior a bit bland and basic. But its very solid on the road, good road handling and very little roll and the brakes are decent. Good interior space. But a very high lip on the hatchback boot. I've found the dealer rubbish at fixing things.

Overall its a decent car, but doesn't really grab me.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Gerard93

Thanks for all the posts, we've decided to go for it as its a very clean car, mainly used as a 2nd car for short trips etc - Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

BostonB wrote: »
    I use a 1.3 CDTI 06 from time to time. Personlly I hate the self cancelling, indicators in it, and I find the interior a bit bland and basic. But its very solid on the road, good road handling and very little roll and the brakes are decent. Good interior space. But a very high lip on the hatchback boot. I've found the dealer rubbish at fixing things.

Overall its a decent car, but doesn't really grab me.

+1 .. those indicators drive me spare.

Advertisement