Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish stockpiles of Uranium!

Options
  • 12-04-2010 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the correct forum but would I be right in saying this is a mistake on the part of the BBC (or "Nuclear Tipping Point" who they cite as the source) :rolleyes:

_47631197_uranium_nuc_466.gif

From here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8615484.stm

EDIT:
    I looked at the Nuclear Tipping Point website and they seem to think we also have nuclear weapons... looks like somebody forgot we got independence a couple of decades ago! Or more likely they're highlighting the Republic instead of Northern Ireland!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

It's just a simple mistake on the website. The UK section on their map highlights the ROI but not NI as being part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

B0X wrote: »
    It's just a simple mistake on the website. The UK section on their map highlights the ROI but not NI as being part of it.

Indeed that's what I said but it's hardly a simple mistake now is it, they're not doing their credibility much good. If they can't highlight the correct countries on a map then how can we have any faith in their numbers.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

was going to move this to CT or maybe Humour

but will leave here to show what a bad reference looks like , was listening to BBC Radio 4 last night and one Journalist pointed out that as far as he was aware he was the only one in the UK with a maths degree , keep this in mind when you hear statistics from the upcoming General Election over there :D

Also we do have a lot of uranium in this country 'cept it's mostly still in the ground. And I suspect mining it would be as popular as gold mining with cyanide/mercury on Crough Patrick

Advertisement