Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christianity and its influence on the family

Options
  • 12-04-2010 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

My dad, like many others, believes in a supernatural world inhabited by beings who have an interest in whats going on here on planet earth. He repeats passages over and over again directed to these supernatural beings every day, and it has become so much an obsession with him over the years that mum decided to move into her own bedroom, as dad had images and carvings of these beings around their bedroom.
    And despite the recent scandals involving men who believe they are representatives of this supernatural world,
    dad persists in attempting to communicate with these otherworldly beings.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

If you want to discuss the child abuse scandals then we have a thread for that stuff already.

As for your Dad, I'm sorry to hear that. He doesn't sound like a very balanced kind of a person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 great_pretender

No, I dont want to discuss the abuse scandals... I was referring to the double standards of the church when I mentioned them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

No, I dont want to discuss the abuse scandals... I was referring to the double standards of the church when I mentioned them.

What double standards? Parents and married couples living in separate bedrooms etc is not what the Church preaches either so IMO the fault lies closer to your father/mother than with the Church. There are methods of contraception which the RCC is rather ok with. Don't really know what the issue is tbh, you are blaming the RCC because your parents relationship soured?

As PDN said your father seemed to have issues himself which he used the Church to blinker himself to.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Remove the Church and perhaps your father would have replaced his obsession with something else.

Advertisement