Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Averages from weekends Internationals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

???? lots of 80 and 90 averages in there. Nothing exceptional but then all the exceptional players play PDC these days

What kind of averages are we to expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Dicie wrote: »
    Im no Sid Waddell, but just like to look at em for rough guideline, i understand averages where and usually are a tool to judge ow good/bad someone has performed, but still i look at em.

Scotland Vs Wales Or if your welsh, Wales Vs Scotland

http://www.bdodarts.com/results/2010/2010BritIntWal-Scot-Men.pdf

22s and 23s, not what you would expect from some representing there country, but, pressure im sure was huge...

England Vs Wales, or if your Welsh, another ****ing disaster.

http://www.bdodarts.com/results/2010/2010BritIntEng-WalMen.pdf

John Waltons performance here sticks out, former world champ just shocking display

Scotland Vs England (even Bannockburn seems a distant memory)

http://www.bdodarts.com/results/2010/2010BritIntEng-Scot-Men.pdf

nothing wrong with those average, one messy leg between 21 and 24 darts destroys averages over these short formats. In the short game, averages vary much more than long format games. All the teams clocked in overall in the 80's so I'd read into that far more than one player having a 70ish average over 3 legs. The very same John Boy finsihed with the highest average at the 6 nations in Sligo recently with a 9 dart finish to boot.

An mid 70's average could easily be 2 17 darters and a 25 which is only 1 sloppy leg and 2 very good ones over this format.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

padr81 wrote: »
    nothing wrong with those average, one messy leg between 21 and 24 darts destroys averages over these short formats. In the short game, averages vary much more than long format games. All the teams clocked in overall in the 80's so I'd read into that far more than one player having a 70ish average over 3 legs. The very same John Boy finsihed with the highest average at the 6 nations in Sligo recently with a 9 dart finish to boot.

An mid 70's average could easily be 2 17 darters and a 25 which is only 1 sloppy leg and 2 very good ones over this format.

As i said, i dont read alot into em either, just didnt get a chance to watch yesterday, did manage to watch saturday on the free streams out there, and i enjoyed it....

As for the averages themselves, it is all some have to go on, and lets be honest, these are so called cream of the countrys that are represented, so i wud be expecting higher aves than some have posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

I wouldn't call any national team cream of their crop tbh, the cream of whats left i suppose mate. Just like the clashes thread, the english,welsh and scottish teams would never feature half those players were there no PDC.

Its not great but atm I'd consider 80 to be an international average. I watch alot of BDO/WDF and you sell alot of this, Often seen games go to 30 darts. Such is the standard without the cream of the crop.

Making the Welsh team etc.. is much like the irish one, you don't have to be great just a good player who plays well in the right games. Sad but true, I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

padr81 wrote: »
    I wouldn't call any national team cream of their crop tbh, the cream of whats left i suppose mate. Just like the clashes thread, the english,welsh and scottish teams would never feature half those players were there no PDC.

Its not great but atm I'd consider 80 to be an international average. I watch alot of BDO/WDF and you sell alot of this, Often seen games go to 30 darts. Such is the standard without the cream of the crop.

Making the Welsh team etc.. is much like the irish one, you don't have to be great just a good player who plays well in the right games. Sad but true, I'm afraid.

110% agree...

• Advertisement
Advertisement