Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When can you tell?

Options
  • 12-04-2010 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi I was just wondering when can you tell whether you are having a boy or girl? We have decided to find out this time as our first, which was a little girl, now 2yrs was a complete surprise and it was great but my husband wants to experience knowing the sex this time around. I kinda like the element of surprise and think that its half the fun of it. We are due our first scan next Monday which is the start of my 15th week. I've been reading up on EU Mom about how the baby is developing up to this point and was wondering if they can tell the sex yet.. I can't remember from my daughter as I wasn't planning to find out anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I think most of the private scan places will say from about 18 weeks onwards. We found out at 17.5 weeks. You'll definately be able to find out at your anomoly scan (18-22 weeks) so long as the child co-operates and lets their bits be seen

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Arkmar

Thanks, was getting a bit over excited thinking they could tell me at 16 wks... ah well.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

You could clearly see James was a boy at our scan at 17+1. Have a look in YouTube for some scan videos for 16 weeks and see what you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Didnt find out until week 21 that it was a lil girl ..Well i asked at my 18 week appointment and i still wasnt 100% ..Even now im kinda like maybe it was hiding..After all it could be hidden for a "girl" ..But if it was a boy ..Youd Know ;)
    Good luck and congrats :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

:D i had 5 scans and each one he turned his bum to the camera..9 weeks was too early...21 weeks they were 70% sure he was a boy at 32 weeks scan and one at 38 weeks he turned his bum and at 41 weeks his leg was in the way.. i didn't know til he was born!! guess he was just camera shy :rolleyes::)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Arkmar

Turns out you can tell at 16 weeks, even though she couldn't confirm until my next scan, she said her "hunch" is that we're having a boy, hurray !!! either or, it's all good but it's nice to know who your talking to. They would'nt tell you their hunch unless they were pretty sure, would they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Congrats :D
    Would wait until 20 week scan just to confirm before going mad with blue ;)

Advertisement