Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Merc CLK200 quick sale advice?

Options
  • 12-04-2010 9:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

The sister in law is selling her 2005 CLK200 and would like a quick sale (who wouldn't?!). The car is pretty special, great condition, nice colour, Elegance spec, beige leather, auto, FMBSH, the works.

She is thinking around €16,000 which would make it the cheapest on carzone for the year, I think she is mad dealers are offering lesser spec model for near €25K. I know dealers have wiggle room built into that price but what do you think, is she shooting herself in the foot?

Comments

The sister in law is selling her 2005 CLK200 and would like a quick sale (who wouldn't?!). The car is pretty special, great condition, nice colour, Elegance spec, beige leather, bluetooth, auto, FMBSH, the works.

She is thinking around €16,000 which would make it the cheapest on carzone for the year, I think she is mad dealers are offering lesser spec model for near €25K. I know dealers have wiggle room built into that price but what do you think, is she shooting herself in the foot?

If she wants 16K she should ask a bit more, otherwise dealers will be ringing offering 13K etc, she'll need patience too, may still take a couple of weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

I have no doubt it may take some time, having said that it is one of those cars that if you came to view it you'd be mad not to make an offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,314 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I have no doubt it may take some time, having said that it is one of those cars that if you came to view it you'd be mad not to make an offer.

Around 16k would seem reasonable however being the cheapest on carzone will not mean anything. You would need to be significantly cheaper than the competition to guarantee a sale. Forget about dealers asking 25k, that is just nonsense & they will sell them for alot less than that.

I agree, 25k at the dealers is really taking the p!ss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Is this the car ?

Link

If it is..
    IMO you should take better pictures in good light, it will show off the car alot better and attract more interest

• Advertisement

That's it alright, agree on the pics, they don't show the car in its best light. Will get her to upload some better ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

That's it alright, agree on the pics, they don't show the car in its best light. Will get her to upload some better ones.
    Tell her to clean the lens on the camera with a good lens cloth first, looks like it's smudged to crap going by those pics. Also use these fine days to take nice pics and park it somewhere bright.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

The "book" for a 05 is ~ €17k...

100% agree on better pics, up against a plain clean wall I think is best.

Depending on how quickly she wants rid, but for a car like that I would price is fairly aggresively against the rest.

This is the "cheapest" 06, which you would more than likely buy for 21k, with a warranty and from a dealer. Counter in the year, private sale and lack of warranty and price yours then.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Mercedes-Benz/CLK-Class/200-AUTO/201013197441484/advert?channel=CARS

I wouldn't say she's far off, but trying to get €16k out of people for a car like that could prove difficult.

Advertisement