Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real Deal poker...thoughts

Options
  • 12-04-2010 6:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

There is a new poker programme launching supposedly this month called real deal poker. realdealpoker.com is the site if anyone is not familiar.

Anyway it uses a real deck of cards which are barcoded to identify rank and suit etc. So while you are playing online, there is a physical deck which has been in play for your table. They also make use of burn cards. And the person on the button has the option to cut the deck also before its dealt. Just wondering what you lot think of this compared to the established sites like PokerStars and Full Tilt etc who use random number generators.

So anyone claiming online sites are rigged.....this is your answer i guess. :rolleyes:

Do you think it'll catch on or will the usual sites still have the best of it. Just looking for opinions before I go depositing money.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

I had a look at this a while ago and just thought it would take forever for each hand to play out (if you have to wait for someone to cut the deck etc)...

To be honest it seems like a bit of a gimic to me as all the major sites put massive efforts into making sure they are secure and only a small amount of this effort needs to be spent on the random generators as far as I know.

Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭gonko

As far as I am aware the cards are dealt before hand, and machine read before the hand takes place. So a record of 52 cards is read in sequence after the physical deal, then as you play the next cards' information is given on screen as opposed to the card being physically called off.

So when the button cuts the deck say at card number 23, then the cards are dealt from the 23rd card in the sequence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Naishster

By the look of things we can try it out anyway before investing, says so here:

http://realdealpokernews.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭3DataModem

I had dinner with one of the owners recently, and we discussed their matrix algorythm - very interesting stuff. I'll be trying it out and will be definitely keen to see what one of their "video audits" looks like.

Advertisement