Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russian Soccer Fans Chant "Christ is Risen!"

Options
  • 12-04-2010 1:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭

I don't normally bother posting or viewing videos - but this tickled me.

On Easter Sunday Lokomotiv Moscow were playing Dynamo Moscow. One set of fans begin chanting "Christ is Risen!", to which the opposing fans chant the traditional Russian Orthodox response "He is Risen Indeed!"

Certainly very different from the chants I've heard at footie games in the past. And poor old Stalin must be turning in his grave! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

I'd love to see that happening at Old Trafford, or Croke Park for that matter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

God bless Russia!!!:D

That was a lovely video and I thank the Lord for sharing it with us through you PDN :D

Christos annesti, Alithos annesti indeed.

Pax Christi
    Stephen<3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

PDN wrote: »
    Certainly very different from the chants I've heard at footie games in the past. ]
    Given Russian footballs recent/current history of football hooligans one has to wonder if it was ment to incite some sort of sectarian violence

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Given Russian footballs recent/current history of football hooligans one has to wonder if it was ment to incite some sort of sectarian violence

Given that the two sets of opposing fans were responding to each other in a civilised manner one has to wonder if your post was meant to incite some sort of..........

prinz wrote: »
    Given that the two sets of opposing fans were responding to each other in a civilised manner one has to wonder if your post was meant to incite some sort of..........
    I made a genuine point . You made a blatant trolling attempt :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I made a genuine point . You made a blatant trolling attempt :rolleyes:

A genuine point? Could you point out in the video who was inciting who into sectarian violence?

A genuine point? Could you point out in the video who was inciting who into sectarian violence?
    Learn to read and stop trolling :rolleyes:

Learn to read and stop trolling :rolleyes:

I can read perfectly well. I simply asked you to respond to your one musings. Either it has substance or it doesn't. If, as you say, one has to wonder that it was meant to incite sectarian violence, could you explain just why one has to wonder that in the clip in question? Two sets of fans, one answering the other in a traditional orthodox greeting. Just where is the incitement to violence?

I can read perfectly well. I simply asked you to respond to your one musings. Either it has substance or it doesn't. If, as you say, one has to wonder that it was meant to incite sectarian violence, could you explain just why one has to wonder that in the clip in question? Two sets of fans, one answering the other in a traditional orthodox greeting. Just where is the incitement to violence?
    Read my first post if you dont understand it then ask yourself why

Read my first post if you dont understand it then ask yourself why

I have read it. If the opposing fans had been hostile/silent then you may have a point. Given that they were more than receptive one has to wonder what your point actually was. To me it looks like two sets of opposing fans having a bit of craic.

You may aswell accuse Irish fans of inciting sectarian violence by singing Olé Olé Olé.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

My first thought was 'Is this a show of christianity, a message to the muslims after the bombing in Moscow'.

Advertisement