Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitored Alarm - remote trigger?

Options
  • 11-04-2010 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

hi folks,

quick question, I have an HCK SW812 monitored alarm system.
    Is it possible for the monitoring company to *trigger* an alarm event on my system (resulting in the siren and bells going off)?

The reason I ask is that:
    1. my system triggered at precisely the same time as one of my keyholder's system triggered.
    2. both of us have the same HCK system
    3. both of us have the same monitoring company

cheers in advance for comments, etc.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Coincidence, what does it say in the log

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Maestro

it has been a couple of weeks since the alarm event, however it basically said Z1 (front door) entry fault (or something to that effect).

My keyholder had a similar alarm.

Also, what is a 'pre-alarm event'??

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭altor

Maestro wrote: »
    it has been a couple of weeks since the alarm event, however it basically said Z1 (front door) entry fault (or something to that effect).

My keyholder had a similar alarm.

Also, what is a 'pre-alarm event'??

cheers

Entry fault, is when you set your alarm leaving the house and another sensor activates giving you the entry/exit fault. It could be that the sensor opened and then closed but no one turned off the alarm. You should get the installation company to look into it for you as they can get into the log of events in the alarm.

It must of being a Coincidence that this happened, but he should also get the alarm company to look into it.

A pre alarm event is when one sensor or contact is activated, If a second sensor or contact is activated this is a verified alarm.

thanks Altor

I'll get the installation company to look at the installation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭altor

Maestro wrote: »
    thanks Altor

I'll get the installation company to look at the installation.

Your welcome Maestro,

That is the best course of action to take as they have the engineering code and will be able to check the log to see what activated the alarm on the time in question. You should also get your friend to do the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

If your friend/keyholders house had an entry fault I would check to see if all keys are accounted for, just a precaution

will do Jnealon, sound advice.

Advertisement