Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 Calculator Randomly Opening

Options
  • 11-04-2010 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭

Hi,

This problem only started yesterday, with no obvious reason. I've got Windows 7 and the calculator has suddenly started opening multiple times randomly. In fact, in the time I've begun typing this message it has now opened 14 times, and opens faster and more frequently the more I type!! I've run a virus scan and havent found anything. What could be causing this???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Do you have a keyboard with a calculator key on it (I have one!)? Maybe something stupid like something hitting off the key?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Windows key + C ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭dazzerb

check your local Task Scheduler. Might have gotten in there somehow.

(BTW: check out your local Task Scheduler anyway. Lots of stuff in there by default since Vista)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,901 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

New Keyboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Try a different keyboard, same thing happened to me (search kept opening usually) it was a fancy keyboard an all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement