Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R.E. Medicine requirements

Options
  • 11-04-2010 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hi,
    So i'm doing bio and chem.
    I was wondering seeing as Trinity doesn't have six year course with premed (like other colleges when you don't do all three sciences)
    will the course be more challenging not having studied physics? will this require learning basic physics on the side?
    or is there a chance to catch up on basic physics within the course?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Biology and chemistry are definitely the more relevant of the three sciences. There's a little bit of thermodynamics perhaps, but mostly beyond what is covered in LC physics. If you're enjoying the subjects you're doing now, stick with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Psychedelia

oh right, like i'm doing LC this year,
    i was just wondering would it be wiser to do it in ucd or somewhere in order to get the premed too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I think pre-med is a good idea for one reason in particular. It helps you adjust to college. It makes your course a year longer, but you get a chance to freak out with your new found freedom and have fun while giving yourself a foundation for the next few years.

I know a good few people totally messing up first year because of their inability to find the work play balance.

First Med is hard, really fúcking hard. Suddenly being on your own in the city does not make it any easier.

Denerick & whoever else, save it, I dont care.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Warrior011

I'm just finishing 1st med and I don't know of any part of the physics LC course that helped me during the year. As was said earlier, the main subjects are biology and chemistry.

Edit: A basic knowledge of pressures would be helpful for when studying respiration

Advertisement