Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landrover Fan/Radiator

Options
  • 11-04-2010 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi, just wondering if anybody knows of a good landrover mechanic in Dublin?My girlfriend's 2000 freelander seems to be overheating , the temperature keeps going up and she said there was smoke coming out if it the other day in traffic. Seems she needs the fan replaced just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this? Not really familiar with landrovers at all. thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Welcome to boards.

We have a couple of Landrover experts on here, they should spot this. Saying that I would think she has more issues than a fan at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

What part of Dublin?

I agree with Slidey - I doubt a fan is going to be the fix for the problem anyway. If it's petrol, you'll have more to do for certain....

• Registered Users Posts: 73,407 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users Posts: 16 electricalser

RoverCraft we are in south dublin, around sandyford. She is putting the heat on in the car when she is driving and that makes the temperature go down to what it should be. It is petrol yes , its still driving fine and as I said the temp goes is fine once the heat is on.. this makes me think its not as serious as the head gasket

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭dantastic

have you checked if there's enough water in the system?

Are you sure the fan is not running? - it's more likely that the water isn't circulating.

• Advertisement
Advertisement