Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to get all of the stars on my trainer card. Advice please?

Options
  • 11-04-2010 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

So, I really want to have a black trainer card (it looks so cool). :D

So far I've gotten the star for beating the Pokemon League and the one for collecting five shiny leaves on one Pokemon. Completing my Pokedex and winning 100 consecutive battles in the Battle Tower will be time consuming but I don't forsee any difficulties in achieving those goals.
    My problem is the Pokeathlon, specifically the Disc Catch and Pennant Capture events. I'm finding it very difficult to beat the first set of records for them and am therefore very worried about how I'm going to beat the second set.

Does anyone have any advice? Like, what pokemon do the best in these events (I've been using Salamence, Dragonite and Flygon for Disc Catch and a variety of different ones for Pennant Capture).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

So, I really want to have a black trainer card (it looks so cool). :D

So far I've gotten the star for beating the Pokemon League and the one for collecting five shiny leaves on one Pokemon. Completing my Pokedex and winning 100 consecutive battles in the Battle Tower will be time consuming but I don't forsee any difficulties in achieving those goals.
    My problem is the Pokeathlon, specifically the Disc Catch and Pennant Capture events. I'm finding it very difficult to beat the first set of records for them and am therefore very worried about how I'm going to beat the second set.

Does anyone have any advice? Like, what pokemon do the best in these events (I've been using Salamence, Dragonite and Flygon for Disc Catch and a variety of different ones for Pennant Capture).
    You will, weather caused by confusion, paralysis or sleep, you will!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭spookymuffin

I'm not too worried. I've done it already in Platinum. :pac:

It was a pain in the ass, but it was more a matter of luck than anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

I'm not too worried. I've done it already in Platinum. :pac:

It was a pain in the ass, but it was more a matter of luck than anything else.
    Fair play, I got to the second battle with Palmer and a string a REALLY bad luck that resulted in a loss put me off it.
    For the discus it's defo easier to just use one very fast Pokemon, I use crobat or aerodactil and catch them early when worth one point. Get the odd one you miss by switching to another. There's so many Pokemon there if you want big points you're making a big gamble, go with the safer bet and just don't miss any.
    Pennant capture causes my problems too, and is worth a lot of points in final results, it requires a lot of concentration and practice from what I can see, it's the only event I've ever actually lost

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'm terrible at Pennant Capture, and that appears to be the key to success. When you bring your flags back to the line your pokemon switch over, and there's a slight delay while that happens. The trick is to get out-of-synch with the rest of the competitors so that while they're switching pokies, you're sucking up every pennant on the field and then dashing back to the line (in the opposite direction to the one they're traveling in *from* the line so you're less likely to get hit from behind) when they're all just coming back on. Seems to work ok for me (although in fairness I've only played the event twice.)

Advertisement