Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red vs. Blue : Gold vs. Silver : etc...

Options
  • 11-04-2010 1:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Okay, so, I thought I'd introduce myself to y'all as a fellow pokéhead (or whatever the term is) who has started to get back into the old habit as of late, (relapsed so I have, feck the LC) anyway, back to the topic, the age old question, answer, based on whatever you like.

Red vs. Blue
    Silver vs. Gold
    Ruby vs. Sapphire
    Fire Red vs. Leaf Green
    Pearl vs. Diamond
    Soul Silver vs. Heart Gold

I'll get the ball rolling. :)

-Blue. I prefer the colour, and squirtle, and water.
    -My gut says silver, I think I had both at different stages, can't for the life of me remember a preference though... (Although I do remember spending hours in the woods of a forest I can't remember the name of, headbutting trees in the hope of catching a Celebi.....) (I had crystal as well, but have no idea what became of it)
    -Sapphire all the way...
    -I bought fire red... Mainly because the opposing title was leaf-green...
    -Have niether Pearl nor Diamond, I like the sound of diamond though... (As I said, I'm only just relapsing)
    -Hmmmm, je ne sais pas, leaning towards gold..? Buying it tomorrow (hopefully)... Also! DSi or DSi XL.? :)

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I really don't have a reason, so let's base it on what versions I got:

- Red
    - Crystal, tbh.
    - Sapphire
    - FireRed
    - Diamond
    - SoulSilver

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The ones I had:

- Blue
    - Gold
    - skipped this gen
    - Fire Red
    - Diamond
    - Heart Gold

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭spookymuffin

I've always gone for the "cooler" colours rather than the warmer ones. I don't really know why.

I had:

-Blue (Charizard is my favourite starter so I don't know why I chose this one!)
    -Silver
    -Sapphire
    -Fire Red (the exception to the rule)
    -Diamond
    -Soul Silver

I've also had all of the third versions (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum) but there's no choice there so it's not really relevant.

I will be getting Pokemon Black. Black just fits in with my whole personal style better than White :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

My list:

Blue
    Silver
    Sapphire
    Fire Red
    Diamond
    Soul Silver

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I went with Blue, skipped S/G but would have gone Silver, Emerald (I'm patient :) ), fire red, diamond, platinum, soul silver. Although I picked up leaf green, pearl and heart gold later on so I guess I'm just greedy.... I think they've deliberately gone for gender lines since the 3rd gen and the rereleases that followed (ie the violent/cool name and the peaceful/make-john-wayne-cry name) and I'm a sucker for my programming...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

-Blue (but got Red bundled with Stadium later)
    -Silver
    -Ruby
    -Fire Red
    -Diamond
    -HeartGold

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Blue - I had red aswell but Blue was my 1st forray into Pokémon.
    Gold - No idea why, just had it :P
    Sapphire - Because my friend had ruby so we'd trade the version exclusives
    Fire Red - Only got it a year or two ago on ebay. Fire Red because it was the cheapest one for sale :pac:
    Pearl - Because everyone seemed to be getting diamond so I went for poor neglected pearl.
    Soul Silver - Because I had gold and I think Lugia looks cooler than Ho-Oh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I had both Red and Yellow, Gold, Ruby, Diamond and Platinum, and now I'm on Soul Silver.

Unless there's some big changes in store for White/Black I think I might call it a day with Pokémon. I say that now though...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Just started playing Blue again after years. On an original game boy no less. No backlight is not making life easy!

Still going for red though, first pokemon game I bought, and I always preferred Charmander to the other 2.

Gold. I have extremely fond memories of Gold, probably my favourite pokemon game.

Haven't played the others too much but I'm going back to them all at the moment, so...

Sapphire
    Fire Red
    Diamond
    HeartGold. (Sticking with gold!)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭imbroglio

Blue/Silver/Diamond ftw! :P

Though my poor DS decided to break when I was a couple of hours into SoulSilver...Sickened! Can't afford a new one at the mo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

I bought original Green(Jap Import) way back in 1997 from Mister Calculator in Dublin.

Red
    Gold
    Ruby
    Leaf Green
    Diamond
    Soul Silver
    DSi XL
    DS Lite for Action Replay(Nessasary for Shiny and Event Pokemon Only)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

I've had

Blue
    Silver
    Sapphire
    Leaf Green
    Pearl
    Soul Silver

I was lucky in that my brother always had the opposite colour so I always had someone to trade with.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 djc123abc

Red - because Charizard was my first poke-love :^)

Gold - because Ho-oH is totally awesome + a fire + memories of the first episode when Ash and Pikachu were molested by Spearow and then caught a glimpse of the beast.

Saphire - because Kyogre seemed so much more mysterious than Groudon.

Leaf Green - because there was no green cartridge available before.

Pearl - because I thought Palkia was cooler than Dialga due to the fact it was standing up and not on all fours.

I haven't gotten my hands of the Gold/Silver remakes yet, but I'm leaning towards Heart Gold, again because of Ho-oH.

P.S. I had Blue and Silver but a "friend" took off with them. I had Ruby, but......I lost it ;( and I never seen my Blaziken again :'(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Blue. That is all. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Red - I love fire
    Gold - Same as above, plus I liked Ho-oh more
    Ruby - I thought Groudon was cooler looking than Kyogre (though I did also get Emerald)
    Fire Red - Charizard and Fire ftw
    Diamond - I preferred Dialga
    Heartgold - Same as for the original Gold

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭shofukan

Yellow, the one that started it allllll off!
    Gold, I had it then, I have it now and Gold just wins against silver anyway :P
    Never played either..
    Never played either..
    Never played either..
    Heart Gold. Back in the game!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

I bought original Green(Jap Import) way back in 1997 from Mister Calculator in Dublin.

I miss mister calculator, got so many great games there :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I had blue, gold and yellow, gwan the yellow.

Never played past that but trained every pokemon in the game to level 100, even mew haha. Those were the days.

Advertisement