Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USA TomTom One Not allowing me to delete files on my computer??

Options
  • 10-04-2010 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi People!

I have a TomTom One here from USA, my sister brought it back with her when she came home after a few years over there.

We are trying to upload the Ireland and Uk maps but we must first free up space by deleting the USA and Canada maps that are on it.

The problem is that it wont allow me to delete or copy or basically do anything to the files which are on the device?

We have been asking TomTom about it but its a bit painful so hopefully someone here has a sollution!!

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Delete the files via windows explorer.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mikeyj

I tried that there but it still isn't allowing me to. It says 'The files or directory is unreadable or corrupted.' Is it something to do with the fact that its a USA product?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Are they on the device itself or on a SD card.
    If its on a card check the lock switch is not on.
    Can you copy the map folder off the device to your PC?
    If so do that then format the entire device. When done the directory will be empty. Connect to TomTom home & you will be prompted to reinstall the application software.
    With plenty of memory to spare.

Advertisement