Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Rock

Options
  • 10-04-2010 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I get my signal from 3 Rock. It's a good digital signal. However, yesterday the picture froze when I was watching RTE 1 and all the digital channels stopped working. I have a Philips 9803 tv (mpeg4). I have re-scanned and no digital channels have been found. I'n hoping it's not a fault with my tv.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Verso

I also get signals from 3 Rock (Dun Laoghaire).

I don't know about yesterday but at the moment all signals coming in as normal.

If you are still not getting signals try a re-scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 paddybudg

Im in Stamullen and not getting anything off Claremont Cairn either. Strength has been strange over the last week but nothing today.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 904473

Thanks for the replies. I have a bad feeling it's the tv. Tried a re-scan....only analogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Booms

May not be your tv.
    I've found irish dtt signals can disappear from my stb when there's a propagation lift. Sometimes even a rescan will not see the 3rock/kipppure dtt channels when this occurs. Usually there's some uk signals temporarily available to compensate, though. With the present high pressure system the lift will probably be around for the next few days. Try a rescan every so often, if you can. (Never had this problem with analogue - I could always see there was another signal interfering)

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

paddybudg wrote: »
    Im in Stamullen and not getting anything off Claremont Cairn either. Strength has been strange over the last week but nothing today.

I'm in skerries and not getting anything off Clermont Cairn either. I thought it was just my crappy aerial and the good weather that had put it off, but maybe not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Pepsie

Hi Guys,
    I have experienced the same thing this weekend. I'm in the Greystones area, everything was coming in perfect on digital signals UK & Irish until Friday 9th April.
    Then zap, nothing (!).
    I am using last years model Philips 5654 with mpeg4, but all I can receive now is RTE 1 & 2, and TnaG, not even TV3 is coming in now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40 paddybudg

My reception came back from clarmont but surprisinging so has DTT from Scotland (BBC ITV etc .. along with 30 odd other channels) our local DTT is fair to good when it has typically been super and perfect. I wonder is the UK over powering it ?? Most strange. Im in Stamullen. Should say UK signal is poor to fair so breaks up a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Verso

@904473

On reading the various posts I still have to report that my Irish DTT has not been interrupted at all.

However this might be because of my location and the current weather conditions. At my location I can actually see the 3 Rock transmission array and thus obtain a very strong signal. As well as this I am unable to get any UK Freeview transmissions as I would be shielded from these by high ground and buildings. The few Freeview masts in my area are about 30/40 ft. in height.

Therefor from reading various posts there would appear to be high lift conditions for UK Freeview at present and which could possibly cancel out 3 Rock at some locations.

In the event your TV may not be to blame. My own TVs which are not affected are a new Samsung and LG, both with MPEG 4 tuners.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 brayman

Hi, anyone out there know the state of play with DTV reception from RTE.
    I live in the Bray area and can see the Kippure mast from my back window

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭steveq

Towards the end of last week I could not get any sound on RTE 1. The signal strength and quality are at 9 out of 10 and 10 out of 10 respectively.
    The picture is perfect and sound / picture is perfect on RTE 2.

I can pick up RTE 1 analogue quite well so no real panic but I wonder what has changed?

I am using rabbits ears connected to a Panasonic LZD TV and am tuned into channel 54 (Three Rock).
    I have tried a rescan and am now picking up the DAB channels.

Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Steve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

steveq wrote: »
    Towards the end of last week I could not get any sound on RTE 1. The signal strength and quality are at 9 out of 10 and 10 out of 10 respectively.
    The picture is perfect and sound / picture is perfect on RTE 2.

I can pick up RTE 1 analogue quite well so no real panic but I wonder what has changed?

I am using rabbits ears connected to a Panasonic LZD TV and am tuned into channel 54 (Three Rock).
    I have tried a rescan and am now picking up the DAB channels.

Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Steve

Been having a similar problem on a Panasonic. If you press the options button on the remote and go to sound, you can switch from narrative to the main sound option. This temporarily fixes it for me, but changes every time off the channel. Haven't gotten around to figuring out a permanent fix. Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭steveq

Thanks Charles, that works perfectly :).

It is a bit tedious to have to change it every time RTE1 is selected but it is still far better than moving to analogue.

I presume RTENL must have changed some setting on the RTE1 broadcast. Let's hope that it is temporary and will be switched back.

Advertisement