Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

csi's on west st this morning

Options
  • 10-04-2010 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

Saw the crime scene unit photographing west st this moning and the whole area out site permanent tsb was taped off too. The council where on Laurance st. and were busy washing blood from out side the laurance inn :eek:

There was more blood at ptsb and a pair of girls shoes there too :(

Looks like something major happened last night , hope nobody got seriously hurt or anything.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

A 17-year-old male is being questioned in connection with the stabbing of seven men in Drogheda overnight.

The incident happened at 12.30am on West Street.

Gardaí were alerted to a disturbance outside a pub on Laurances Street in Drogheda just after midnight.

Its believed that a 17-year-old man who was involved in this disturbace ran from the scene onto West Street, a short distance away.

On West Street, the man attacked a group of seven males aged between 16 and 30 with a knife.

The men had no involvement in the earlier incident.

All seven were taken to Our Lady of Lourdes hospital in Drogheda.

A 16-year-old was subsequently transferred to The Mater hospital where his condition is described as critical.

A 17-year-old male was arrested at the scene and is being questioned at Drogheda garda station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

fu*king psycho :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

This is terrible news and shocking to say the least, I will pray for everyone involved.:(

Pax Christi
    Stephen <3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,931 ✭✭✭furiousox

apart from the knifeman

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

jesus thats mad , what i cant understand is how some one actually goes out with a knife as if to intentionally harm others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

whelan1 wrote: »
    jesus thats mad , what i cant understand is how some one actually goes out with a knife as if to intentionally harm others

Sounds like he was off his face or mentally ill - he got into an argument with someone outside the Laurence inn, then ran up West St. and randomly stabbed 7 people who hadn't said or done anything to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭drogsnookerclub

i heard he attacked the bar man in laurences , 2 bouncers on the way out the door and then 4 young lads who were on west st minding their own, i guess we'll hear a few different versions

16 year old is critical though, hope to fk he turns out okay :mad:

And as clìchè as it is, he'll more than likely get just a slap on the wrist for doing this.

Whoever the scumbag is, he should never see the outside of a prison cell for the rest of his life (or better yet, just put him down and save the money he'd only wind up costing the state).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

And as clìchè as it is, he'll more than likely get just a slap on the wrist for doing this.

I seriously doubt that. He's 17, he will most likely be charged with attempted murder.

Although I guess it depends on the judge. Whatever happened that crazy woman who stabbed a lady on West Street recently because she didn't have a light, has she been tried yet? The judge in Drogheda court let her out on bail - crazy!

eth0_ wrote: »
    I seriously doubt that. He's 17, he will most likely be charged with attempted murder.

Yeah, but as you say, he's 17, so instead of giving him a dose of hard law (which is rare enough anyway) they'll give him the "aww, he's just a child, he doesn't understand what he's doing" treatment.

Although I guess it depends on the judge. Whatever happened that crazy woman who stabbed a lady on West Street recently because she didn't have a light, has she been tried yet? The judge in Drogheda court let her out on bail - crazy!

That's exactly what I mean. Out on bail after stabbing someone! That's mental! The judge should be banned from ever being employed as a judge again.

• Advertisement

I'm waiting for head shops to be blamed.

Spoke to someone actually there in the bar when this all started but possibly best not repeat it .......to the relief of mods im sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

ye read article in sunday independent said he had been on something he bought in a head shop

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

typical. anyway even he had bought something in a head shop it would be far from being the underlying cause of the incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

He had been drinking in the Central Bar on Peter Street prior to trying to gain entrance(with pint in his hand) into the Laurences Inn. Was refused entrance and then attacked the door man.

i heard he attacked the bar man in laurences , 2 bouncers on the way out the door and then 4 young lads who were on west st minding their own, i guess we'll hear a few different versions

16 year old is critical though, hope to fk he turns out okay :mad:

Didnt get into laurences so

It said on the radio that the teenager is critical but stable, not sure exactly what that means but hopefully he'll be fine

Didnt get into laurences so

From what I heard from someone who was actually in the laurances the guy was indeed inside drinking with his father, who in turn egged the young lad on and was the one who attempted to throw the plant pot through the window, not the young lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

The 17 year old was remanded in custody on Sunday according to yesterdays Irish News.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

In the paper yesterday his mother was asking the gardai to drug test him as she apparently didnt believe that alcohol alone would make someone do what he did... :rolleyes:

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭NAGGIE03

Hes was carrying a knife! Just goes the show his mentality! Drugs or no drugs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Just to let you know the lad who was critical is awake and talking so that is good!

great news :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

The guy who stabbed those lads will get off on diminished responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

And you know that how..??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭blingrhino

he does`nt kbell but on the laws or lack of them in this country he`s probably right

Off on bail, according to today's Leader.

Apparently he's off to court again in June. Hopefully he'll be 18 by then. I hope he never sees the outdoors again! (Of course this is Ireland/opposite land; so he'll probably never see the inside of a prison to start with!)

Advertisement