Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can i sell my retro stuff

Options
  • 10-04-2010 2:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

hey guys
    im looking to sell some of my collection(nes+sega)
    i tried adverts but not much luck, is there a shop where i can sell my consoles?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I think you need to advertise the 2 separately on adverts and be a bit more realistic with your prices

I'd go with ebay myself for retro games, sold over 60 nes games on it recently, only 1 was within Ireland
    The sega megadrive II's dont sell for much and yours is not in very good nick and it needs to be repaired
    they can be bought on ebay for €10-20 working with games

The nes with one controller on the other hand should fetch you about €30 depending on condition(scratches, colour fading, etc)
    the nes games should get you 5euro each

Update
    Sorry I see your also having trouble with the nes
    either buy a new 72 Pin Connector and install it or recondition the old one or you'll need to drop the price of the nes down to about 10-20€ max

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

I don't think so. You could try ebay and post to anywhere in Europe? Maybe you'd get some interest that way.

I'd lower the prices too. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I'd buy both of them but the price is a bit much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Agreed, I've seen second-hand NES' retailing for under £20 here (with games). I saw a Sega (MegaDrive?) retailing for £15 with no games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Reason for the lack of sale is not because there's not much traffic of retro buyers, but because you are looking for an awful lot for two not very good nick consoles, neither if which are terribly rare to start with.
    No one is going to give you 100 for them, lucky to get 50 for them in that condition.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Sgt.pepper

ah yeh, im gonna lower the prices,
    thanks for the advice

Advertisement