Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bowstring

Options
  • 09-04-2010 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

So i'm looking for a new string for my recurve. Standard affair 68" recurve. I'm thinking of getting a two colour string.(I know it's just an astetic thing, thought it'd be cool). Just wondering what materials are good. Also if anyone knows a good place to buy from, that would also be awesome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Carebear11

brianzilla wrote: »
    So i'm looking for a new string for my recurve. Standard affair 68" recurve. I'm thinking of getting a two colour string.(I know it's just an astetic thing, thought it'd be cool). Just wondering what materials are good. Also if anyone knows a good place to buy from, that would also be awesome.

The best strings are usually handmade, personally I make all of my own strings on my own string making jig that I built myself. There are lots of good materials out there, Fast Flight, BCY 452x, BCY 8125. At the moment most people would consider 8125 to be the best string material on the market. But any modern Vectron/Dyneema Blend string will perform very well.

As for where to get them, ASI, do great handmade strings, also Greg Hill in the UK has a reputation of making some of the best strings in the world, I myself will also makes string but I am somewhat more limited than them in terms of selection of materials and colours. All will change around 20 euro or so for a string made to your exact spec.

If you don't know how many strands you need in your string a simple guide is that over 40lbs (40-46lbs) you should use over 18 strands and under that (34-40lbs) you should use 16 strands. But personal preference come to play here, that is just a guide.

Happy Hunting for your string!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

I get my strings from greg hill, no complaints. If colours are your thing he has a load of them, single, double or triple colours. I'll PM you with his details.

Advertisement